Water eaton grain silo (pictures added)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newage

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Water Eaton grain silo (today pictures added)

Hi everybody
Just to update everybody the grain silo at water eaton (just north of Oxford) is starting to
Be demolished, it's looking like it's going to come down quite quick, I'll try and get some
Pictures later this afternoon.

Cheers newage

10443362353_b0000e6561_c.jpg

10443156426_9bbcbd3661_z.jpg

10477033546_b035c515d0_c.jpg

10477017356_9c3aff084f_c.jpg

Better

Last edited:
I was just going to post that we had a moments scilence but I see you have posted some photos. A place I have passed many times but not visited, never saw the point I knew it well enough from the photos poted on here.

Me and mr fluffy went a few years back and it was a fantastic place, all the kit and
Equipment was still in place.

Newage

I'll post what I did on Facebook here...

Although the place became a ruined graffiti-filled shell of it's former self over the last couple of years it holds some special memories for me not least the new years eve spent up there watching the dozens of firework displays going off all over Oxford and Kidlington at midnight, and it also formed an easy introduction to urbex for people. Over my nearly 20 trips up there since 2010 in all weathers, at all times of day and with many different people I had a great time so it will be sad to see it go.

I was there at dawn

I was there at dusk

I was there at night

I was there in the snow

I was there in storms

We hung an England flag off it for St. George's Day 2011

We strung bunting up all over it for the Queen's Jubilee in 2012

You will be missed, Water Eaton, a fine derp. Now there is literally sod all to do in Oxfordshire, which is one of the many reasons why I've pretty much packed it in.

It is strange after passing it for decades to see it finaly going, like may landmarks.

What are peoples most missed landmarks that have gone over the last few years....

I will start off with the Salt and Pepper cooling towers in shefield...

Gutted, no longer will I drive past it, look at the roof and think to myself, "I've been up there" :(

I remember whizzing up the A34 wondering if anyone was on top! I am gutted and will miss her, many good explores here

Latest posts

Back