West Park Asylum August 2008

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dystopia

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I stalk the fringes of humanity and dwell amongst
Went here with a fair few explorers and loved every second of it. West Park is vast and filled with all sorts of fascinating goodies but the crowning glory had to be the padded cell-a real padded cell that still had wonderful bouncy padding! :D I really enjoyed the children's creche area and some of the toys left behind reminded me of my own childhood in nursery and reception class.

Other highlights were the room filled with strange writings, surreal art and a few references to Nirvana dotted about. Then there was the hall. Although burned and partially destroyed, the place is still grand in its own way. The bricks on which the stage once rested had greenery shooting through and looked as if they could have been part of a purpose built garden in the ruins.

Thanks to the people that made the day loads of fun! :thumb Everyone was great and I had a good laugh.

2008_0803WestParkandCaneHill0090.jpg

2008_0803WestParkandCaneHill0100.jpg

Padded cell! :D
2008_0803WestParkandCaneHill0163.jpg

I'm sure that you will all agree that this is the perfect place for me. ;)
2008_0803WestParkandCaneHill0155.jpg

These items of clothing were moth eaten and really added to an "everyone just left" atmosphere.
2008_0803WestParkandCaneHill0195.jpg

My parents told me that Rael Brook was sold as "the shirt you don't iron."
2008_0803WestParkandCaneHill0196.jpg

2008_0803WestParkandCaneHill0211.jpg

2008_0803WestParkandCaneHill0216.jpg

So cheerful and bright-made me happy! :)
2008_0803WestParkandCaneHill0281.jpg

It was entertaining to see pictures of lion tamers around a cot with bars-Obviously a room for little monsters. ;)
2008_0803WestParkandCaneHill0282.jpg

Anyone else have one of these at their nursery?
2008_0803WestParkandCaneHill0333.jpg

Take THAT political correctness! :D
2008_0803WestParkandCaneHill0340.jpg

My fascination with medical equipment is still there.
2008_0803WestParkandCaneHill0391.jpg

Maggot people will infest your mind and steal your sanity!
2008_0803WestParkandCaneHill0418.jpg

2008_0803WestParkandCaneHill0368.jpg

2008_0803WestParkandCaneHill0370.jpg

The cracks in the paint here meant that Peter Pan did grow old.
2008_0803WestParkandCaneHill0293.jpg

See the whole lot HERE!/

Every single time i see new shots taken in WP i wanna came back there instantly :) great place, nice shots.

Nice pics D.

Loved your pics D,in fact you took very similar pics to mine from a couple of weeks ago,especially the b&w peely paint shot and the commode with the overalls on..and yes,you look at home in the padded cell!Our tour got cut short but hey what we saw was ace.
regards
Stu

Padded cell looks amazing!
not sure about the dodgy stains on the wall tho !
nice pictures though, Good work :)

Em x

me and a few mates went here, a couple of months ago,it was brilliant we went at night, was bout midnight by the time we got there, we walked for hours in the underground tunnels and the underground cells, i didnt find the padded cells, the nursery was well creepy, was a really good night out

Underground cells....LOLOL

They were the service tunnels you walked in...nothing down there but piping and asbestos

Nice explore! Weird that they have a kids area though, obviously for women who had babies whilst they were there, but still, very eery and not really a fit place for a child to grow up in me thinks.

Nice explore! Weird that they have a kids area though, obviously for women who had babies whilst they were there, but still, very eery and not really a fit place for a child to grow up in me thinks.

erm not quite! :neutral: it was actually a staff nursery not quite as creepy as peoples imaginations make them believe!

Latest posts

Back