Whitford Anti Tank Island – Devon – Dec 2011

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Capn. What was your view on T 141, is it on the older aerial photos or other maps you have?

It's right on the cusp you see. If new works were brought to a halt, it's possible it was not built. As of Jan 1941, it was recorded on the original maps as 'projected, not built' but so was T 140 which you can see is still there.

I don't think it was ever built, it seems surplus to requirements with so many others in close proximity and S66 right behind it.

Munchh, have not logged onto DP for a while now but this post deserves the recognition it's got to date! Love the IWM photo - probably like you I've spent hours searching the IWM site but have not come across this photo before. Certainly sheds a new light on exactly what weapons were intended for pillboxes.

Munchh, have not logged onto DP for a while now but this post deserves the recognition it's got to date! Love the IWM photo - probably like you I've spent hours searching the IWM site but have not come across this photo before. Certainly sheds a new light on exactly what weapons were intended for pillboxes.

Thanks stop line, nice to hear from you again. :)

Latest posts

Back