Windrush Hotel - Oct 14

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UEP-Wales

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Windrush Hotel
AKA "Horror Hotel"

After failing a planned meet up with a group of fellow explorers, myself and a non member decided to revisit a few past locations (reports to follow) to see how they were getting on. Along the way, we past Windrush Hotel and decided to pay her a visit.

Windrush01.jpg

Construction on what would have been called "Windrush Heights Hotel" began in 2001 however, after the developers ran into financial troubles, it came to an abrupt halt during 2005 when it was just weeks away from completion.

Windrush06.jpg

Since its abandonment, the site has been an eye sore for the local community and has failed many attempts to sell the land with planning permission for less than £800k.

Windrush08.jpg

Now left fully abandoned and in a crumbling state, it seems that the site attracts local youths and the usual parties that follows them.

What will happen to Windrush Heights Hotel is anybodies guess.....

Windrush04.jpg

Windrush09.jpg

Awesome photos dude, I hope this is the start of a flurry of reports! :)
Blimey I think that floors collapsed since I was there last (around a year ago)
Cracking stuff, thanks for sharing :)

Awesome photos dude, I hope this is the start of a flurry of reports! :)
Blimey I think that floors collapsed since I was there last (around a year ago)
Cracking stuff, thanks for sharing :)

Cheers dude! Yeah, first of around 30 reports, not been posting up for a while so playing catch up. The place is falling apart! Brickwork falling when I was there! Always had a spot for falling / half demolished buildings though so I was happy lol!

Welcome back. Hope all is good.

Cheers mate, all good on my end, hope all has been keeping well with you and hope the recent project is going well!

It is looking a bit shaky now but you still got some ace photos.

Cheers dude! It's more than shaky, shame to see it like it really... seems to be a common thing these days though!

This was a decent transport cafe before it was pulled down and work started on the "hotel" Jim.

Latest posts

Back