Cane Hill Hospital (Old pics 2005 − 2008)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valan

Reaction score
I've just been going through my old photos and decided to finally get some up online. I've probably only 'properly' visited Cane Hill about 3 times (usual thanks to Mr. Bones), though there has been the failed missions too! ;)
A lot of the photos I've taken were with my old camera, and subsequently I haven't got all that many really good shots (gutted), so I've played with a few in photoshop, not too much, but tried to take away from the blurriness of many.

I'm not going to go into the history as I'm sure you've read about Cane Hill a million times, but if you are interested I stumbled on this site: www.canehill.org/ which seems really informative.
I've uploaded a blog post on my site: http://www.valan.me.uk/blog/ with all my pics and a link to my Cane Hill flickr set too!

Heres a few anyways (hoping they're not too big, I'm unsure what size my blog resizes them to)

chapel.jpg

dentists.jpg

morgue_slab.jpg

bath.jpg

Cane Hill - Through The Window by Valan666, on Flickr

Cane Hill - View Of Chapel by Valan666, on Flickr

Liking these lots Valan..good to see again..only went twice meself however it made an impression on me I wont forget mainly for the way I never ever felt at ease there unlike Hellingly,my favourite chilled explore.

Ta! ;)
Yeah, I totally get why this was many people's fave, there was something a little more unsettling about it, I think the fact the first few times I visited it was such a nightmare to get in, that combined with the stories of some people's run ins with security!
I have to admit I always preferred West Park when I was down South, always felt totally at ease in there...well except for the time I mistook a deer for a Doberman :mrgreen:

well except for the time I mistook a deer for a Doberman :mrgreen:

Well at least you got it the right way round, it would have been much worse if you'd mistaken a Doberman for a Deer... "Aww look, what a cute dee.... OW, it bit me!".

:mrgreen:
Oh forgot about the time we were in West Park at night, crapping ourselves thinking someone was in there with us as we could see flash lights down the corridors...turned out to be lightening :neutral: Ahh good times! Not to say still don't have plenty of 'interesting' experiences, recent Belgium trip was brilliant!

very nice:) we stopped here on our 1st asylum tour down south and well i must admit i had seen so many pics and reports it honestly didn't interest me:confused:. We parked up walked over to the fence eventually got in as it started to snow:rolleyes::D and well it continues to snow outside and the inside just blew me away. I just had not seen a lot of it,as seamed people just took the same shots didn't now they had a training area or anything like that. To this day its still been one of the biggest surprises for me and coolest places i have explores :cool:

So fc*king hacked off I never saw this place... that church is awesome!!! I wish I'd started "formally" urb-exing a whole lot sooner!

*sighs :(

Thanks for posting such an awesome piccie...

I look back through my photos and always wish I'd had a better camera, but that's how it goes! :(
At least there is still plenty to see and photograph (admittedly asylums are getting a bit thin on the ground though) I love a good Scotland road trip and you can't beat a bit of euro action too! ;)

Back