Eastmoor Secure Unit - Leeds - Jan 2008

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, dont worry, it's a precious site. We understand everyone getting anxious about it, It's a site that NEEDS that kind of protection. ;)

Hey, not accusing you, I just don't want anyone thinking thats us. I have respect for these locations and find it a bit rude that people assumed it was us.

I appreciate you posting the link and exposing the culprits though. And I completely agree that this type of vandalism is ruining it for the other urbexers.

Oh and the vandalism must have happened during the night, nothing was open apart from Theaker and one smaller apartment block. No boards were missing on any of the other buildings though and nothing was broken. We left yesterday at 6:00pm. While we were in Theaker house we heard some people messing with the boards, we came outside to look but found no one. We assumed they had given up an gone.

Just coincidence they were there at the same time as us I suppose.

The site occupier had reported 3 individuals to Security for messing with the boards etc (these clearly came in a 4x4). Whilst my wife and I were talking to her, the Police and Security arrived - mob handed. I think it was the Security bloke you heard testing the boards. The Police and Security had all left by the time we had all walked the dogs around the site and the woods behind. There was somebody else in the old main building, because he climbed out over the wall by the old laundry/boiler house just before the Police arrived. however wall climbing as we all know is legit and good exercise - well that's my excuse anyway.

As I said earlier, it is the vandalism and noise at night that upsets the people who live on the site. If you do bump into them, just ask them about the history of the place - it is a very interesting story.

The site occupier had reported 3 individuals to Security for messing with the boards etc (these clearly came in a 4x4). Whilst my wife and I were talking to her, the Police and Security arrived - mob handed. I think it was the Security bloke you heard testing the boards. The Police and Security had all left by the time we had all walked the dogs around the site and the woods behind. There was somebody else in the old main building, because he climbed out over the wall by the old laundry/boiler house just before the Police arrived. however wall climbing as we all know is legit and good exercise - well that's my excuse anyway.

As I said earlier, it is the vandalism and noise at night that upsets the people who live on the site. If you do bump into them, just ask them about the history of the place - it is a very interesting story.

We saw the woman, but we didn't realise who she was at first. I'm surprised anyone managed to scale the wall, we took one look at it and said no way. Hence looking at the boards instead. Because of the trouble they seem to get I don't think it's best going in that building now anyway. I also think there's someone living in Theaker house, I don't know if you wanted to let them know, but there's beer cans and some bedding. They have propped open all the doors to each room, so that they don't bang against the frames as you go through. Probably harmless enough but you never know.

We saw the woman, but we didn't realise who she was at first. I'm surprised anyone managed to scale the wall, we took one look at it and said no way. Hence looking at the boards instead. Because of the trouble they seem to get I don't think it's best going in that building now anyway. I also think there's someone living in Theaker house, I don't know if you wanted to let them know, but there's beer cans and some bedding. They have propped open all the doors to each room, so that they don't bang against the frames as you go through. Probably harmless enough but you never know.

Yes; there is a youngish male and female + black dog, squatting on the site. My wife and I saw them as we were getting the dog out of the car, they had a carrier bag of food and one of booze. - did not see which building they entered. I cannot see them doing anything to endanger the roof over their heads, they just want shelter. Whatever one's thoughts are on the shortage of affordable housing; I feel that if people want to sleep in properties such as this, then until demolition OK - why just let them stand empty for years?

I might have got over that wall in my younger days - certainly not now!

Yes; there is a youngish male and female + black dog, squatting on the site. My wife and I saw them as we were getting the dog out of the car, they had a carrier bag of food and one of booze. - did not see which building they entered. I cannot see them doing anything to endanger the roof over their heads, they just want shelter. Whatever one's thoughts are on the shortage of affordable housing; I feel that if people want to sleep in properties such as this, then until demolition OK - why just let them stand empty for years?

I might have got over that wall in my younger days - certainly not now!

lol, I couldn't make it over a 7 foot wall! I am ashamed.

So sad to see people having to live that way, I thought they had a dog, nearly stepped in it's "presents" downstairs. >_<

Shortage of affordable housing, so how does the council respond, stick up some MORE ridiculously expensive box rooms they try to fob off as apartments. I dread to think how I'm going to cope when it comes my time to move out. (only staying at home till after uni)

Last edited:
lol, I couldn't make it over a 7 foot wall! I am ashamed.

So sad to see people having to live that way, I thought they had a dog, nearly stepped in it's "presents" downstairs. >_<

Shortage of affordable housing, so how does the council respond, stick up some MORE ridiculously expensive box rooms they try to fob off as apartments. I dread to think how I'm going to cope when it comes my time to move out. (only staying at home till after uni)

I understand your worries, our son (23 yrs) is in exactly the same situation. Here in Rawdon, the Council has sold Littlemore School and the developer has built two blocks of apartments and is starting to convert the school building - these are £250,000 plus. Why didn't the Council mandate, that the developers had to include a percentage of affordable housing? Councils have the ability to provide some leadership in this area, but money and profits rule. Perhaps the looming housing market upheaval might cause a rethink. For you and others I hope so.

I lived here for 2 years and I think that people should really get facts right this when i was here was called Eastmoor community school where the children was treated like slaves for the local community if anyone would like the truth about this place you can email [email protected].
any pictures that anyone have before this damage i would be grateful ome of us are presently sueing the government for the atrosities that occured while this place was open you see a swimming pool when i look at your pictures I see abuse please send any pictures to this email any one want any information regarding Eastmoor then please feel free to contacting me

Eastmoor secure unit

I went there a few nights ago with an UrbEx colleague in the view of doing some external night photography.
As it turns out, the place is still regularly visited by vandals/crackheads and bored kids just going to get scared over nothing, often making as much noise as possible with no care or regard for the locals. :icon_evil The nearby residents appear to be very vigilant to this, and the council vans are surprisingly quick getting there when called. I havent seen the Police get involved as yet on my few visits, but i do know that there are regular council vans that take visiting car numberplates down. Quite a strong scent of weed in some areas as well; Wouldnt surprise me if someone had stuff stached there. In any case we werent interested in that side of it. The main building known as 'Mulberry House' seems to be the main attraction, from overhearing the 12 or so kids that went in there the 'dentists chair' is what attracts them to the place. Obviously, not known to them, the dentists chair was removed by the council on request, because of the publicity it was causing ?a couple of years back! Not that they would have been able to probably find it anyway! ;)

Can't believe some tosser asked for the chair to be removed, as if thats what was drawing in the kids:rolleyes:

Well it obviously hasnt worked as the kids still go there! :lol: i think the broken base of the chair is still outside around the corner of the House. Looks as if the council werent messing about with it, threw the thing out of the window and reboarded it likely, as a couple of the top floor boards around the side look relatively new...

Back