Exploring the Hobbit house

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

washington001

Reaction score
38143D31-8531-4D98-BFC9-856D10152FA2.jpeg

Ok where is the explore, that is just one photo. I thought the person who ownd this had stopped people visiting. Nice photo

As I understand it, it was built by a chap called Colin who has moved on and he just left it there. The current landowner is apparently a bit grumpy but, since he gets a lot of trespassers just turning up, that is perhaps understandable!

Colins Barn as I remember. Glad it is still standing. I visited it about ten years ago and managed to take 50 or so photos. At that time there were no visible 'Keep Out' signs. I still have the images somewhere, but believe this has been covered previously on DP in detail.

Washington001, you need to post more than one picture without text before people will trust you with other locations. Sorry, but that's how it works.

Colins Barn as I remember. Glad it is still standing. I visited it about ten years ago and managed to take 50 or so photos. At that time there were no visible 'Keep Out' signs. I still have the images somewhere, but believe this has been covered previously on DP in detail.
No reason not to give your take on the place still!

No reason not to give your take on the place still!
My take on it: Astounding! I had to do a bit of Google Earth detective work to find it - even then it wasn't visible, but I took a chance and did the 40 minute drive. When the building came into view, I could hardly believe my eyes. It is a truly remarkable place full of intricate spaces, including a small upstairs room as I remember. The whole place appears to be made from dry stone wall construction, but I noticed that cement work had been carried out inside where some serious looking subsidence had occurred. I'll have to dig the photos out, but there were a couple of stained glass windows and timber supports inside. Scale-wise, it is less than half size I'd say - maybe 1/3? A great visit to a truly unique example of inspired spontaneous architecture. Marvellous! Anyone thinking of visiting now should seek permission of course.:giggle:

I asked nicely with the wife a few years ago. Rude misery. Kept saying "Its Private' like a stuck record.

Latest posts

Back