Graylingwell Asylum - Sept 2011

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent shots there!...but on a more important matter...how was 'A very goofy movie'?

Hi There

Im new here and only found due to researching this place. I purchased some items from the asylum including the record players and thats how it started. I have another connection that will develop over the next few years and I may be able to explain in the future.

I know that work on the buildings are accelerating and there seems to be alot of decay in the past 12 months. I have seen where alot of the theatre sets and lighting has ended up and the rest will go that way. I would like to get in and make some sound recordings and take some photos.

I would be very interested to know what the best way to get onto this site is. Please reply publicly or privatly. Hope I have contraveined any rules on this post.

I look forward to your replies.

D

Hi

No Worries cheers. Got a guided tour of the theatre and a few other parts including the morgue! I have a friend with a connection to it , but still suprised to be helped. I think we will be some of the last people to see inside the theatre as its going to be pulled down next week monday or tuesday. Im currently restoring the record player and a valve amp from there so a memeory will live on in the music. I also know that at least one of the film projectors is ending up in a good home and is being restored too. Im gutted I didnt get involved earlier on ( not only for the fact that I might of been able to blag the rare and expensive cinema amplifier that you guys walked past many times over the years ) but the history of the place will live on . I know that all the people that have taken photos in the past should take very good care of them as they are a precious record.

D

Hi

No Worries cheers. Got a guided tour of the theatre and a few other parts including the morgue! I have a friend with a connection to it , but still suprised to be helped. I think we will be some of the last people to see inside the theatre as its going to be pulled down next week monday or tuesday. Im currently restoring the record player and a valve amp from there so a memeory will live on in the music. I also know that at least one of the film projectors is ending up in a good home and is being restored too. Im gutted I didnt get involved earlier on ( not only for the fact that I might of been able to blag the rare and expensive cinema amplifier that you guys walked past many times over the years ) but the history of the place will live on . I know that all the people that have taken photos in the past should take very good care of them as they are a precious record.

D

A lot of explorers will not touch stuff even if the place is being Knocked down mate some of us do only take photos only of places we still go. Its not we don't know the price of certain things left but not what we are there for. if you feel that way report the thing to a local heritage club or museum to try and salvage. if you get caught leaving nay place then you could be charged with theft please bear that in mind.Its a point most new explorers should keep in mind regardless of how the stuffed the place is :neutral:.

Dhole , dont need me then. If you get any pics dont forget to post em, especially the morgue, never seen it.

A lot of explorers will not touch stuff even if the place is being Knocked down mate some of us do only take photos only of places we still go. Its not we don't know the price of certain things left but not what we are there for. if you feel that way report the thing to a local heritage club or museum to try and salvage. if you get caught leaving nay place then you could be charged with theft please bear that in mind.Its a point most new explorers should keep in mind regardless of how the stuffed the place is :neutral:.

I understand the/your/urban explorer ethics and the items I own I know were legitamatly salvaged. I only meant to say they had been walked past many times. I just have an interest in keeping old things working.... I like the idea that you leave no impact but footprints, its how I treat the countryside , oh except the mushrooms and wild food I forage. Wouldnt want anyone to go stealing things but liberation before decay is perhaps different.....

Latest posts

Back