Hi I’m a newbie

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lizzieloves

Reaction score
Hey. Nice to meet you all I live in Norfolk and looking. For abandoned and derelict residential and. Hppitals Care home etc. hard to find any As a lot being torn down and no way of finding them. If anyone has any ideas to star me off it would be very much appreciated

Hey. Nice to meet you all I live in Norfolk and looking. For abandoned and derelict residential and. Hppitals Care home etc. hard to find any As a lot being torn down and no way of finding them. If anyone has any ideas to star me off it would be very much appreciated

Hi Lizzie we all start somewhere but its unlikely people will just give out locations.
so first thing is try searching this & other urbex sites using keywords, like Norfolk or Norwich that should throw up a few results.
general google searches for say "abandoned Norfolk" may also work.
Geograph is a useful site u can put key words like "abandoned" & search a area & any pics that come up will have location map but pics can be quite old.
Often the best way is just searching google maps for anything that looks out of place then go & check em out. Its time consuming but like many hobbies the more you put in the better you get!

I would second using geograph. Once you've found some images you can go to google maps/bing maps and find where the place is. It's a good resource. Enjoy and stay safe.

You're in 1 of the best parts of the country for derelict places! Get used to searching the internet, search derelict renovation, abandoned. Google earth, geographi. I spend half my life searching for new places.. you'll soon get the hang of it 😊

Hi there and welcome to the forum. Here's looking forward to your first exploration report!

Just a heads up to explain why there's an apparent reluctance to share urbex site info in open postings... many people "urbex" in order to enjoy exploring/photographing/paranormal research (???) etc etc etc. But there are also many people who "urbex" in order to steal/vandalise/squat. And these sorts of "urbexer" - and I'm most reluctant to use that term to describe them frankly, think nothing of breaking and entering to indulge their bad habits! Indeed we had a spell of light switches and assorted electrical fittings removed from inside a Maginot Line fort appearing on one particular individual's Ebay site back in the early 2000 and teens until she was visited by le Dibble and erm, reprimanded! Sadly too, one individual who frequents an urbex forum which has a shall we say "less than appropriate reputation" was well known for literally turning up with a Transit van at new explores and leaving with it loaded to the gunnels. So as a general etiquette thing it's frowned upon to ask for site locations and access in an open forum. That's not to say members won't help you but it's normal for individuals in here to get to know new members before passing on info, and then only via private posts.

This all seems counter intuitive in a forum dedicated to urban exploration but I hope my explanation will go some way towards making this apparently odd situation understandable.

One of the best ways to get on is to ask if there are any members in your area who are willing to have you along as a "guest" next time they are going out. You'll be amazed at how easy it can be to get out on great explorations by this route.

Good luck... and if you are ever over in Portugal on the Algarve give me a shout and I'll show you what is worth seeing over here.

PS... I see you're from Swaffham. I used to work with a guy who lives there!

Hi there and welcome to the forum. Here's looking forward to your first exploration report!

Just a heads up to explain why there's an apparent reluctance to share urbex site info in open postings... many people "urbex" in order to enjoy exploring/photographing/paranormal research (???) etc etc etc. But there are also many people who "urbex" in order to steal/vandalise/squat. And these sorts of "urbexer" - and I'm most reluctant to use that term to describe them frankly, think nothing of breaking and entering to indulge their bad habits! Indeed we had a spell of light switches and assorted electrical fittings removed from inside a Maginot Line fort appearing on one particular individual's Ebay site back in the early 2000 and teens until she was visited by le Dibble and erm, reprimanded! Sadly too, one individual who frequents an urbex forum which has a shall we say "less than appropriate reputation" was well known for literally turning up with a Transit van at new explores and leaving with it loaded to the gunnels. So as a general etiquette thing it's frowned upon to ask for site locations and access in an open forum. That's not to say members won't help you but it's normal for individuals in here to get to know new members before passing on info, and then only via private posts.

This all seems counter intuitive in a forum dedicated to urban exploration but I hope my explanation will go some way towards making this apparently odd situation understandable.

One of the best ways to get on is to ask if there are any members in your area who are willing to have you along as a "guest" next time they are going out. You'll be amazed at how easy it can be to get out on great explorations by this route.

Good luck... and if you are ever over in Portugal on the Algarve give me a shout and I'll show you what is worth seeing over here.

PS... I see you're from Swaffham. I used to work with a guy who lives there!
Thanks. I appreciate hate you sending me info about the chapel yeah will what’s app you later ok

Back