Hobbit House in the Cotswolds

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You may like to know that Tolkien got many of his ideas from the Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire, the otherside of the river severn. He had the idea for 'middle earth' or hell on earth from a place called Lambsquay Woods, a open iron age metal digs now covered in trees which hug the rocks. I went ther last year at dusk and it is the most spookey place. The trees apear to become human and move, I have attached a link (I hope it works) from Geocaching.com, go to the gallery and look at the tree pictures and you will see what I mean!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=7438ca0f-2b2a-40cc-8926-378154db3399
Regards, N.
G
[/QUOTE]

Welcome Neil, are you a geocacher as well then? :mrgreen:

For those of you who like the 'Hobbit House' here is a link for a short 15 seconds Youtube clip, it show how big the place is and ii also the only thing I have found on the web about it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euc5qtz0suY[/ame]

Regards, N.

P.S. Yes I am a Geocacher - it's taken me to some amazing places!

that place really is one of the best I have seen in a long,long time, I would love to visit and have a look round, maybe stay a while for a weekend? truly amazing.......

That's one of the most random explores I've seen in a while; thanks for sharing.:)

I hope something is done to save it.

Absolutely gorgeous pictures of a real gem. This place is so well hidden and kept secret and I suppose it will help preserve it. The intracacy of the stone work is just amazing and to think that a person has such imagination is mind blowing. Well done for this find.

its like something you would see in the films. and for something that has been built over a long period of time he has done a fantastic job ob building it with a great attention to detail. this is truly amazing

wow, that's simply stunning. Got to be one of the most unusual places I've ever seen!

Thanks a lot for posting your photos.

Maniac.

Wow cheers for posting this its amazing! That man should be given a knighthood or something not shouted at and chased away to Scotland.

wow, what an amazing place, it looks like it started as something small & he got totally carried away :mrgreen:

The Hobbit's House is called Colin's Barn (the man who built it). Its about 4 miles due east of Prince Charles's house in Gloucestershire, near the village of Chedglow. You have to go down a track then over a couple of fields, it is very well hidden and the locals will not tell you where it is when asked, I tried that!:)

Thanks for the link managed to find it on saturday What a amazing place Well worth the walk to find it

Back