Lillesdon School for Girls - August 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, I gotta say, as a collective group thats the best I have seen from the old girl!

Very very nice you guys.

Thank you. :)

Looks like a great place! nice pictures!

i think this is now our halloween location after finding out : "I was at Lillesden in the 1950s. Love all the pictures that are now appearing on the web! Just a note on the history. It was Lillesden School immediately after the war; it was acquired by Bedgebury later. We always thought that it had been a boys’ school between the wars. The ghost of a boy who had died there was supposed to appear in the large mirror on Hallowe’en."

may or may not be true but intersting to see it for ourselves anyway

L x

Is that a UE party then ;).

A great batch of images from you all. Its great to see everyones styles. It must be hard to get a new angle on the place and I bet there are loads of tri pod marks everywhere from all those who have been before. lol

Well done to you all for your creativity :)

This is one of the nicest and most enjoyable explores we have done in a long time and I love seeing photos of the place. I'm pleasantly surprised that it's not deteriorated that much since we were there 12 months ago give or take.

I see "dolly" has had better days though! When we saw her we put her inside a radiator housing down in what we took for a small sick bay in the cellar and then took a pic making it look like she was in prison. Next time I saw her she was hanging by the neck and now she's been decapitatted!

48.jpg

This is one of the nicest and most enjoyable explores we have done in a long time and I love seeing photos of the place. I'm pleasantly surprised that it's not deteriorated that much since we were there 12 months ago give or take.

I see "dolly" has had better days though! When we saw her we put her inside a radiator housing down in what we took for a small sick bay in the cellar and then took a pic making it look like she was in prison. Next time I saw her she was hanging by the neck and now she's been decapitatted!

48.jpg

Dude its far worse than when I went around 18 months back its been properly trashed, not that it needed much to get there but window frames have been ripped out that weren't...

Dude its far worse than when I went around 18 months back its been properly trashed, not that it needed much to get there but window frames have been ripped out that weren't...

I'm still shocked the stone pillar by the main staircase has been smashed to non-existence.. How do you even go about doing that kind of thing?!

Theres some video from the day towards the end of this montage:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fRbn1WokZQ[/ame]

I'm still shocked the stone pillar by the main staircase has been smashed to non-existence.. How do you even go about doing that kind of thing?!

As far as I know that was dismantled at the same time as all the fireplaces were removed by the previous owners (badly), hence the acro bars holding it up where it used to stand.

Great shots as always from you lot, I'm planning my trip already. I must go here even if I do live a fair way from it I'm gonna see it before its gone forever.

Latest posts

Back