Looking for places in Northampton

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirofsake

Reaction score
I am looking for places in Northampton to explore either haunted or not if you can dm me pings please that would be greatly appreciated

I am looking for places in Northampton to explore either haunted or not if you can dm me pings please that would be greatly appreciated
As I'm from northamptonshire & am one of the highest posters u could go on my profile & go to "find all started threads" & u will find some for sure.
I have been doing this many years though & can assure u none are haunted!

As I'm from northamptonshire & am one of the highest posters u could go on my profile & go to "find all started threads" & u will find some for sure.
Wot? No orbs?

You need to get that deceased but still well known Asian-Scouse psychic Derek Pakora and his "spirit guide" Sam on a few 'splores with you, he'll find some for sure, even if they haven't died yet! ;)

Wot? No orbs?

You need to get that deceased but still well known Asian-Scouse psychic Derek Pakora and his "spirit guide" Sam on a few 'splores with you, he'll find some for sure, even if they haven't died yet! ;)
This has really made me laugh!
Best , funniest Derek moment was him repeatedly saying- " Mary loves Dick! "

Not haunted? Oh come on now! I reckon you've just closed your "third ear" to the spirits Glynn. I must confess I eventually closed mine too because it was getting bl**dy expensive pouring Jim Beam in my lug 'ole. So I started drinking it instead and then all sorts of mysterious things began to happen, usually ending with talking to god on a big white telephone...

As requested Stealthstar.

He died in 2020 at the age of 69. You can still contact him through a medium.

What a friggin' 'erbert that man was! Surely that was a spoof???

A couple of my buddies used to work on that series and they really had some stories to tell! Mark (cameraman) was totally convinced after experiencing 'someone' repeatedly following him between locations on an episode in the first series but I reckon he simply spooked himself. Then on one of the live specials another Mark (vision engineer) caught one of the stage crew as he stumbled over a cable at which point a literal cascade of old 1940s pennies came out of his breast pocket and went everywhere. The episode was on an old WW2 bomber station and the presenters were being repeatedly hit by old pennies coming from nowhere... but we shouldn't scoff, even ghosts have to have a bank account somewhere I guess.

Last edited:
What a friggin' 'erbert that man was! Surely that was a spoof???

A couple of my buddies used to work on that series and they really had some stories to tell! Mark (cameraman) was totally convinced after experiencing 'someone' repeatedly following him between locations on an episode in the first series but I reckon he simply spooked himself. Then on one of the live specials another Mark (vision engineer) caught one of the stage crew as he stumbled over a cable at which point a literal cascade of old pre 1945 pennies came out of his breast pocket and went everywhere. The episode was on an old WW2 bomber station and the presenters were being repeatedly hit by old pennies coming from nowhere... but we shouldn't scoff, even ghosts have to have a bank account somewhere I guess.

Thunder was once thought to have been the gods getting angry. Now we know better. "The Angels of Mons" myth began after Arthur Machen wrote the fictional story "The Bowmen" about medieval archers appearing at or after the battle of Mons. It was published in The Evening News on 29 September 1914. WWII "foo fighters" - seen by both Allied and German fighter and bomber pilots that seemed to chase their aircraft - are now explained as being St Elmo's fire, ball lightning or similar natural electrical phenomena. The 1952 UFO hoax by New Zealand students was reported at the time in newspapers around the country as fact - only to have been revealed as a prank in 1994. Where are all those pre-1945 pennies now? As Donald Rumsfeld said, "There are known unknowns" - but humans love to make up new "unknowns".

Thunder was once thought to have been the gods getting angry. Now we know better. "The Angels of Mons" myth began after Arthur Machen wrote the fictional story "The Bowmen" about medieval archers appearing at or after the battle of Mons. It was published in The Evening News on 29 September 1914. WWII "foo fighters" - seen by both Allied and German fighter and bomber pilots that seemed to chase their aircraft - are now explained as being St Elmo's fire, ball lightning or similar natural electrical phenomena. The 1952 UFO hoax by New Zealand students was reported at the time in newspapers around the country as fact - only to have been revealed as a prank in 1994. Where are all those pre-1945 pennies now? As Donald Rumsfeld said, "There are known unknowns" - but humans love to make up new "unknowns".
The pennies? Lord knows! I suspect they perhaps came from a museum or the like. When I was a kid pennies dating back to the last decade of the1800s with Victoria's noggin on them were not all that uncommon, and to this day I've still got one somewhere. Apparently there were also a couple of dummy .303 rounds spilled out on the floor too!

As to The Angel of Mons... if he were alive I'd have to ask my cousin (twice removed) if he saw it! But although he survived Mons he didn't make it down off the Menin Road in October 1914 anyway.

I was a vision engineer in broadcasting before I retired and I knew the producer of Most Haunted slightly. I also knew one of the regular cameramen/location managers through working with him at a company called Telegenic. I asked him about the lighthouse episode they did when stones "appeared" to fall on them from above because on the program he seemed to be terrified by what was happening at that moment. His answer? "Well you've got to play along haven't you!"...

Over the years I've done some explorations in some very sketchy places including one where a particularly sick multiple murderer killed two or three women and battered to death a baby one of them had with her. Luckily he was smashed to the ground and throttled until the police arrived by the nurse he next attacked - he didn't know she was a Russian and martial arts trained. This sicko would strangle his victims with women's underwear! We didn't find out that we were exploring a building with such dark history until later but I can honestly say I experienced zero. We also did The Barnados Baby Castle which has featured on some haunting exploration video on Poo Toob recently - nada there too. I did see something which made me jump out of my skin in Lillesden but although it was very clear to me at the time I dismissed it almost immediately as pareidolia because we had just gained entry to the building and we were very on edge looking for the slightest thing for fear of being disturbed. I used to get very impatient with explorers in here who would post photos with dark backgrounds and the inevitable dust motes visible on their camera sensor saying they had caught an "orb"!

The pennies? Lord knows! I suspect they perhaps came from a museum or the like. When I was a kid pennies dating back to the last decade of the1800s with Victoria's noggin on them were not all that uncommon, and to this day I've still got one somewhere. Apparently there were also a couple of dummy .303 rounds spilled out on the floor too!

As to The Angel of Mons... if he were alive I'd have to ask my cousin (twice removed) if he saw it! But although he survived Mons he didn't make it down off the Menin Road in October 1914 anyway.

I was a vision engineer in broadcasting before I retired and I knew the producer of Most Haunted slightly. I also knew one of the regular cameramen/location managers through working with him at a company called Telegenic. I asked him about the lighthouse episode they did when stones "appeared" to fall on them from above because on the program he seemed to be terrified by what was happening at that moment. His answer? "Well you've got to play along haven't you!"...

Over the years I've done some explorations in some very sketchy places including one where a particularly sick multiple murderer killed two or three women and battered to death a baby one of them had with her. Luckily he was smashed to the ground and throttled until the police arrived by the nurse he next attacked - he didn't know she was a Russian and martial arts trained. This sicko would strangle his victims with women's underwear! We didn't find out that we were exploring a building with such dark history until later but I can honestly say I experienced zero. We also did The Barnados Baby Castle which has featured on some haunting exploration video on Poo Toob recently - nada there too. I did see something which made me jump out of my skin in Lillesden but although it was very clear to me at the time I dismissed it almost immediately as pareidolia because we had just gained entry to the building and we were very on edge looking for the slightest thing for fear of being disturbed. I used to get very impatient with explorers in here who would post photos with dark backgrounds and the inevitable dust motes visible on their camera sensor saying they had caught an "orb"!

In the 1950s, Victorian pennies were quite common. When I delivered milk at weekends while still at school, farthings were still in use, with some half pints priced at 3 3/4 d. When I much later re-visited the large Victorian house my parents had run as a guest house but had been turned into flats, one of the tenants asked me if I had seen the ghost when living there as a child. Someone had reported seeing a woman. When I was living there, the wife of a couple who rented the old grooms' flat above the stables had killed herself by putting her head in the gas oven. We knew of no other traumatic deaths associated with the house that had been built in 1880.

Back