Mountain Ash Hospital, South Wales - February 2016

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went here today and amazing how they have managed to make it look like barrow after many years of trashing in such a short period.. Although the sheep roamng round were a surprise 😄

Went here today and amazing how they have managed to make it look like barrow after many years of trashing in such a short period.. Although the sheep roamng round were a surprise ��

Hope you enjoyed your visit - quite a bit to cover there, and 'trashing in such a short period' is putting it mildly. The sheep were roaming when we were there too, plus was lots of evidence on the floor that they venture inside too :lol: !!!

Your opening statement is very true. In my area all of the Victorian built hospitals are gone they were better built than their replacements. In Derby the Victorian built Derbyshire Royal Infirmary took months to demolish it was that well built it's replacement looks like a warehouse than a place of care. I also agree it's only matter of time before the NHS joins the history books. I enjoyed your report thanks.

This was one of the many deliveries I made up the Rhonnda valleys in the 70's. Sad to see it like this. The local community never had much, and never will if they treat their heritage like this. Good buildings wasted. Jim.

Thank you all for your comments. Was recently chatting to someone local to this hospital and commented how trashed it was in such a short space of time. I was told that once it closed in 2012 travellers based themselves there and completely stripped the place within weeks..... so I retract my comments about the youth of today! It appears on this rare occasion the local youths are not fully to blame :D

This place closed in 2012!? well thats in a shocking state.

It sure is - a sad sight. Like I said in a previous comment, I was recently chatting to someone local to this hospital and commented how trashed it was in such a short space of time. I was told that once it closed in 2012 travellers based themselves there and completely stripped the place within weeks. Still a great place to visit, but as you stated it really is in a shocking state.

Looks great from the awesome photos lads! Recently found this site after wanting to go to the ruins Penscynor Wildlife park. Think I caught the Urbex bug now and I'm thinking of making this my next outing. While I really enjoyed my first time at Penscynor which I was on my own. Went a second time to show a friend. I'm thinking a place like this shouldn't be on my own. Willing to buddy up with someone!

Sad to see our local hospital in a state like this.
It was given the red stamp to demolish some time ago and plan is to build houses on the site.
There has been some good paranormal evidence captured here the last few months

Latest posts

Back