RAF Newton May 2008

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've explored Newton before (posted over on 28DL), but didn't make it to the hangars or control tower due to the security guys being very on the ball. They seemed to be everywhere. Would love to tag along for the next visit if there's space for one more.

I'd SO love to get this thing wailing in the dead of night, with a cordless drill, and a hex. socket!
It'd put the willies up a few Newton locals..........
DSCN1259re.jpg

I'd SO love to get this thing wailing in the dead of night, with a cordless drill, and a hex. socket!

Haha me and Mr Sam were having a laugh discussing this the other day as it happens :lol:

Well done you lot some really good pics there looks like a good explore its amazing what animals we are seeing just lately.

An all the other people from the surounding villages, me included:mad:
but yet would it be wrong to do that......:icon_evil mwha!:p

Spent the afternoon there very recently. Didn't take any photos because I don't have a camera :( I can't say I was overly keen on the place at first, the dorm blocks are all the same and the stench is unbearable! I'm trying not to think about the dead animals for fear of having nightmates :neutral: (Can you tell this was only my third explore? lol) Did find a few interesting bits though. There's a bunker in the community centre which we ventured down with the aid of our very dim mobile phone screens - that was quite an adventure. Was also fun reading all the interesting signs and random bits of literature that have been left lying around. Couldn't find a way in to the water tower or the control tower (completely forgot about 'sideways thinking' at the time) and I reallly really want to have a look inside the little building with 'Danger: X-rays' on the door, but I don't think there'll ever be much chance of that :( Overall, it was a great explore and we found it very easy to get around the site. We did get spooked by a random dog on the way out though - figured it belonged to another explorer :confused: Didn't stop to find out, I'm a bit phobic of dogs!

Latest posts

Back