Seeking Council Permission

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, I went back today & hung around for a while to see if I could raise any interest. Gave up after a bit so drove on around to the new(er) Polish Home. I then walked into reception & chatted to one of the Security guards. I figured that as I'm an Art Student I might be able to get some special access, however he didn't have a clue who owns the land & as far as he's aware there is NO security on site 27/7! Insted, he receomended I drive back up the lane to where the residential flats/housing is, & opposite is where they are laying the foundations for the new caravan/holiday site & ask the guys in there. I did this but no-one was about so I left.

I really want to do a modeling shoot there, I have the equipment & the girls ready - just need the permission because I really don't fancy getting caught with a couple of models, all my camera gear & a portable lighting kit. lol

well done buddy. at least you did not get trapped in side this time :D

Dont forget you said i can carry the kit when you do this shot :)

I visted this place again a couple of weeks ago, spent a couple of hours inside with no bother. However, does look like some kids have been in & smashed it up some more. tut tut.:mad:

It looks like the Caravan/holiday park thing is on hold, too. They laid a few concrete foundations but thats been about it since the summer, so could it be that the "Credit Crunch" have had a knock-on effect? Don't know, but I'm sure this place should of been flattened by now.

:) This site looks great - I haven't done any explores yet and I've seen so many good pictures on here, I wouldn't know where to start!

I don't know who you'd have to ask, you could go comando.....obviously wear pants...I don't know what its called when you wear camuflage & pult leaves in your hat...allthough you could go comando, the security guys might leave you alone!

Camouflaged?

Television and filming companies do not seem to have problems gaining permission to access disused public buildings.

I guess there is always an option of getting a job as a security guard

Yes, by having large amounts of $$$s to grease palms! :yes:

Adequate and valid insurance is another major player. However I must admit that setting up my own business, made getting the insurance a simple matter - and if you don't have it you will never get any work, companies/organisations will not give you the time of day if you cannot produce an insurance certificate.

Television and filming companies do not seem to have problems gaining permission to access disused public buildings.

I guess there is always an option of getting a job as a security guard
Money talks as they say!!

When Most Haunted filmed at Berry Pomeroy they approached English Heritage to gain permission to film there, English Heritage turned them down so they found out who owned Berry Pomeroy (The Duke of Somerset), organised a meeting with him & basically handed him a cheque & told him to name his price! He agreed a figure, overuled English Heritage & they got to film there! The Duke of Somerset later regretted it following a spate of vandalism & 2 arson attempts, 1 on the tearoom where some chavs tried to set fire to some gas canisters & 1 in one of the fireplaces inside the mansion house which destroyed one of the wooden lintles above the fireplace!:icon_evil

It's true that we in the tv industry do appear to get better access, but it's often after a long hard fight. The insurance thing is a major stumbling block, but also things like publicising the location and thereby encouraging people to come and find it is a problem for some. It also depends heavily on what you are wishing to shoot. Some agencies get very touchy about anything that might draw the wrong publicity.

As an aside, contrary to popular belief, productions dont have a bottomless pit of money as a rule. It just seems that to pay someone a particular sum just to get access to a building is often looked upon as an indicator of big budgets.

Alternatively you could try telling the security guards przyszedłem odwiedzić.

I'm too lazy to find a translator, but I'm too curious to let it go. Please, what does that mean?

Gone, Gone, Gone

The Old Polish camp WAS a beautiful and quite peaceful place considering how close it was to a main road.

But it's finally been demolished, It's a real shame as I never got round to taking pictures of the buildings.
Think to moral of the story is Take pictures now, you have no idea how long the opportunity will last.

Sly

Latest posts

Back