The Ships Galley Cafe

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubex

Guard Dog Bait
Veteran Member
Reaction score
The Ships Galley Cafe belongs to the owners of Snetterton Park, where a popular Sunday market has been running for over 25 years. In 2008 plans were put in place to demolish the cafe to make way for 7 new units, 4 of which were set to become car dealerships. I could imagine in its heyday this place would have been thriving; twenty years ago the steel shacks of the market were innovative but people no longer want to be blown about in the wind and rain, so the market has seen a decline in visitors who now favour shopping centres and the internet.

Thanks for looking,

Rubex

Very unusual place - thats not something you will see everyday - looking at that last picture - would OF been great if they had tables and chairs on the roof(deck) to eat your lunch and drink your tea.
Thanks for sharing - liked that a lot.
:)

That's an unusual looking building, nice post and pics

Nice report actually not in bad condition considering its location great photos.

Very unusual place - thats not something you will see everyday - looking at that last picture - would OF been great if they had tables and chairs on the roof(deck) to eat your lunch and drink your tea.
Thanks for sharing - liked that a lot.
:)

Yeah and they could have put a plank on the roof for the kids to jump off into a ball pit!! :laugh:

That's great Rubex, very unusual, I enjoyed this, great pics and thanks for sharing

I enjoy theme restaurants - brings back childhood memories :D You can tell from the price list this place went down the tubes a long time ago. Nice bog shot.

That place has got something about it Rubex, makes you want to go there, Proper Job I loved it, Thanks

Went there last year with my lad,sorry but it didn't really do it for me... the toy emporium on the other hand :D

That was a good day.especislly you going over the fence.I have been back today and it's all been cleared.the barrel has gone.the gates.inside is just a shell.I reckon it will be demolished soon.you got a nice set here miss rubex and just in time by the looks of it

I noticed with some sense of loss, that the huge toy and model shop has closed it's doors. 😔

Not much left there at all now. Good snaps BTW.

Latest posts

Back