The Toy Cottage Feb 2016

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brilliant write up from an extremely entertaining day! Being imprisoned, threatened, Police searches - what more could we want from a day out!!! Will pop my report on in the next week or so. Loved that place (but you are right there really was an uncomfortable feeling in there) - glad we seen it now, because I'm buggered if I'm ever going back!!! :D

Thanks Rod, it was a extremely entertaining day and I'm looking forward to reading your post on the day and seeing your pics, and Im chuffed you managed to get your pics back because you was on a right downer all the way home over losing your pics, and I felt guilty for not suggesting you do the same as me and switch the cards :D

I have only been urbexing for about 3 months now - but since i have been doing it i really can see beauty in everything i see now and do now - not just explores but just general things in life.
It can be something simple as a old coke can with some rust lying in a gutter or a fantastic piece of wood joinery in a roof truss - down to a small ant crawling along with a leaf in it mush.
The photography and filming of places - objects - animals has enlighted a fire in me that i can not explain.
All i can say is - its a wonderful thing and i really do feel blessed that i have found and love.

I know what you mean..I have been doing it for two and a half years now.and although I have always had and an appreciation of the outdoors and buildings old and new..it has made that appreciation even stronger now..plus what we do is very different from normal hobbies..but I would sooner be doing this.rather than the routine rubbish.

Most of the people I know thinks it's a strange thing to be doing but yet they all love the photos and ask where the location so they can have a look them selfs haha

It was Mockingbird, Blod and myself what got court by the woman farmer a couple of weeks before, lucky we got out and after her taking our photos and every second work began with F and ended with g. we also couldnt reason with her so in the end just walked off.
Looks like its been well locked down now, its a a shame as I have been 3 times and each time its been getting more wrecked so maybe its a good thing. As you said its been empty a lot longer than 8 years, 30 more the like.
Nice write up and photos by the way (Y) (I stuck the rag doll on the chair in the corner :) )

That is a very LULZy story about getting pinched! :D Land owners as opposed to Police and Secca can be a really crabby bunch. The farmers wife sounds terrifying. What's up with all the threats of violence - sounds like he was pretty freaked out. Good tactic with the spare memory card though, but sod deleting photos if you haven't got a spare card! The false imprisonment and threats of violence should be enough reason for you to keep your pics and call it quits. Scary sh*t, well done for keeping your cool and calming him down.

Last edited:
Good story, I did laugh but knowing my luck I would of keeled over from heart failure if that happened to me.
Good idea on the memory card tho.. Think ill buy a second just incase!

Well you certainly had quite the experience, I have to admit I did laugh tho >.>, it always seems to be the farmers or land wonders who are the most irate!

It was Mockingbird, Blod and myself what got court by the woman farmer a couple of weeks before, lucky we got out and after her taking our photos and every second work began with F and ended with g. we also couldnt reason with her so in the end just walked off.
Looks like its been well locked down now, its a a shame as I have been 3 times and each time its been getting more wrecked so maybe its a good thing. As you said its been empty a lot longer than 8 years, 30 more the like.
Nice write up and photos by the way (Y) (I stuck the rag doll on the chair in the corner :) )

Haha you could of warned me how nuts she was :lol:

Well you certainly had quite the experience, I have to admit I did laugh tho >.>, it always seems to be the farmers or land wonders who are the most irate!

Yeah, don't matter how big you are and don't matter if there's 10 of you, farmers will always give you sh*t for being on there land, even the old 80 year olds, they fearless haha :icon_evil

Did tell Mikeymutt :eek:

(When I tripped over the old rad by the door coming out, she said "I hope you break your f*****G leg" :) )

Yeah Mikey did mention it Haha she was nuts fair play, she went mad because one of the coppers helped me trough the window

Ok, i LOVE urban exploration and i know it has its's risks but one thing i have always stood by is respect. You were trespassing on private property even after you'd been told that the people who own this property do not want people going to that house. You make fun of the people who own it for having a go at you and against their wishes did not delete the photographs you took, instead publishing them online. That is so disrespectful. This house looks a shrine to me and obviously has some deep meaning to the owner.

Ok, i LOVE urban exploration and i know it has its's risks but one thing i have always stood by is respect. You were trespassing on private property even after you'd been told that the people who own this property do not want people going to that house. You make fun of the people who own it for having a go at you and against their wishes did not delete the photographs you took, instead publishing them online. That is so disrespectful. This house looks a shrine to me and obviously has some deep meaning to the owner.

Are you a farmers wife?

No introduction and your first contribution to the forum above. Did you just register to sound off about the morality of urban exploring or can we expect some contribution to the forum given your 'love' of urban exploration?

The fact that there is both a pupil's and teacher's name written on the front of the exercise books shown in some of the photographs, will allow anybody who knows the actual location of this place, to fully research what happened to the last occupants. As has been stated, the place has certainly been abandoned by the last occupant family for longer than 8 years, clothing styles certainly are a lot older than that. However, I suspect that equating a death 8 years ago with the original abandonment is completely wrong - far more likely the deceased person was somebody with cash to spare for the upkeep and the time to check on the place from time to time to make sure all was clean and secure. It is just possible that this person was the children's father - abandoned by his wife, who ran off with the children. The 'museum' of women's clothing points to the husband/partner being the lonely partner. Sasha's 'woman instinct' is spot on about the shrine aspect, and I must admit, as I have got older, scenes like this do give me a sense of unease. Still a very good set of photographs Jon6D, they told a 'possible' story very well. I hope you are able to do a bit of extra research and find the true facts of this place.

The fact that there is both a pupil's and teacher's name written on the front of the exercise books shown in some of the photographs, will allow anybody who knows the actual location of this place, to fully research what happened to the last occupants. As has been stated, the place has certainly been abandoned by the last occupant family for longer than 8 years, clothing styles certainly are a lot older than that. However, I suspect that equating a death 8 years ago with the original abandonment is completely wrong - far more likely the deceased person was somebody with cash to spare for the upkeep and the time to check on the place from time to time to make sure all was clean and secure. It is just possible that this person was the children's father - abandoned by his wife, who ran off with the children. The 'museum' of women's clothing points to the husband/partner being the lonely partner. Sasha's 'woman instinct' is spot on about the shrine aspect, and I must admit, as I have got older, scenes like this do give me a sense of unease. Still a very good set of photographs Jon6D, they told a 'possible' story very well. I hope you are able to do a bit of extra research and find the true facts of this place.

Yeah thats another possibility, the mother could of ran off with the children, didn't think of that one

In response to some above comments, no i am not a farmers wife. And yes i plan to make many good contributions to this forum :)

But seriously guys, in this case, imagine someone walking through your back garden to look through your shed. Would you be pi**ed off? This is no different, bigger scale of land, but no different.

In response to some above comments, no i am not a farmers wife. And yes i plan to make many good contributions to this forum :)

But seriously guys, in this case, imagine someone walking through your back garden to look through your shed. Would you be pi**ed off? This is no different, bigger scale of land, but no different.

But hang on. Aren't we talking about an abandoned house, not someone's garden shed?

But hang on. Aren't we talking about an abandoned house, not someone's garden shed?

Just because it is in abandoned house it does not automatically entitle people to visit it! People still go there knowing full well, that the owners keep an eye on it and do not want people going to it.

Back