Three floors, never to be visited again. Denbighshire

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grindle

I travel alone. Wanderlust
Reaction score
Amongst the wonderful old photos I came across the house when it was inhabited, and possibly loved ( who knows what goes on behind the curtains, behind closed doors), as a family home

pastedGraphic.png
pastedGraphic_1.png

Just digging and researching it seems that Dick, was former managing director of BR Projects, and in the late 1990's during a management buy out sold his shares and made about £800,000, equivalent in todays money to £1.7 mil. Now that was a nice little earner

pastedGraphic_2.png
pastedGraphic_3.png

It seems like he went on to form his own consultancy, based down south, on matters relating to rail infrastructure, seems to be still active and returning annual accounts as recently as the last tax year. Hmm intriguing as he would be well into his 80's now, having been born in 1940.

pastedGraphic_4.png
pastedGraphic_5.png
pastedGraphic_6.png

All I can find out about Christine is that she is (or was) the Chairwoman of the local "neighbourhood watch scheme" A Uk initiative for nosey neighbours and peeping toms with too much time on their hands.
It seems like she was earning ok back in 1991, £7k is about £18k in todays pounds shillings and pence. of her we know little more

pastedGraphic_7.png

But she must be spending above her means with an overdraft of £15k on a credit card which in todays money is 36 fucking grand!

pastedGraphic_8.png
pastedGraphic_9.png

78's and 33⅓'s

pastedGraphic_10.png
pastedGraphic_11.png

Memories of my youth, I read both these avidly, saved my pocket money and enjoyed, then swapped them with mates for comics like The Victor or the Dandy.

pastedGraphic_12.png

By the time whizzer had come around I was too old for such things

pastedGraphic_13.png

Private Eye, a satirical magazine for those with a boring snobby upper class sense of humour. Nope, no ta, give me with the likes of "The inbetweeners" and Ricky Gervais.

5xs4dzRwnVbzGY5ssnCE4wXzkeAEXyVtgk1ApQTwHMTp6y5PvEo1yenn9mZACKbA8ugWBZ2ooitMcnF47mzZ4mFuf3qBu...jpeg

.....and so it seems maybe Christine and her Dick had a very healthy sex life or Dick had a hidden stash and enjoyed choking the chicken in her absence.

Snaps within Snaps

_DSC6289.jpeg

Stood on top of an old tin filled with boxes of British Rail BR 1927/1 issue drawing pins, I know, I opened one to see what was inside! A group photo at a black tie soiree. Are our couple the centre pair of this group photo?

_DSC6290.jpeg
_DSC6246.jpeg

Grab a granny at the local OAP disco. With a splash of aqua manda, "get ya coat love, you've pulled"

_DSC6271.jpeg
_DSC6267.jpeg
_DSC6247.jpeg
_DSC6244.jpeg
_DSC6275.jpeg

Snaps over the decades, simple mono , probably shot with a variety of quality cameras

A final selection of odds and sods

_DSC6195bw.jpeg
_DSC6192.jpeg

Air fix modelling seems to have been a popular past time in the household, this particular set was released in 1989.

_DSC6256.jpeg
_DSC6191bw.jpeg

The Jungle outpost released in 1999

_DSC6201.jpeg

I had a Scalextric set as a kid, they were the toy to have for that era, sold by the clever ad men and their camera angles, it looked awesome..... unbox, set up ( which took ages) if you have never had a go, you ain't missing anything, it was impossible to keep the cars on the track if you went into a bend with any speed, and more time was spent rescuing the cars from the dog's mouth who took great delight in catching them and running off rather than actually racing.

_DSC6253.jpeg
_DSC6205.jpeg

Sew on badges, travel patches, girl guides and boy scout achievements, and someone called Deborah who worked in an Odeon Cinema.

_DSC6202.jpeg
_DSC6233.jpeg

I wonder if it was Deborah who had a crap taste in music? All very 1980's...... shoot me down, the 80's the worst decade ever for pop music.

_DSC6214.jpeg

“Take the dream with you, wherever you may go!"

Attachments

• 1713072752734.png
    1713072752734.png
    181.2 KB · Views: 0
I remember the cars flying off the track, get fluff off the carpet stuck on the underneath and they wouldn't connect to the track lol. My sister and I had a Beano amd Dandy weekly, then swapped. Good Job it was the 80's and not today. Would probably be transitioned and boys now 😆.
Really nice place and photos..

Last edited:
I remember the cars flying off the track, get fluff off the carpet stuck on the underneath and they wouldn't connect to the track lol. My sister and I had a Beano amd Dandy weekly, then swapped. Good Job it was the 80's and not today. Would probably be transitioned and boys now 😆.
Really nice place and photos..
cheers @Stealthstar79 , happy days, days when you could call a spade a spade !!!

Latest posts

Back