Thrunite tc20 review

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So as you no I have recently reviewed the thrunite th30 v2 I came out with the personal opinion I would give this the overall rating of 4.25/5. Since that was my original review I told you a bit more about myself and what I expect of a torch so we will not go through all that again we will get straight on with it.

Th30 v2 review link below.
https://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/threads/thrunite-th30-v2-review.38743/
A28F48AD-F432-47E3-ABFE-A4E5F124C9A6.jpeg

So after a long think about the options I had for a hand torch, I decided I would again go back to thrunite website I started browsing and came across the tc20 “cw”it was in the price bracket which I wanted to spend, I made some notes and compared them to other torches on the market with taking many things into consideration I decided to purchase the tc20. The price for the spec it has and the free warranty won it for myself also knowing the quality from the th30.

So after a Short wait it arrived it came in a nice little box with no waste packaging, inside you get some instructions making you aware to tighten it before use easily done. Once emptying the contents you have a lanyard, spare O rings, charging port covers, a belt holster and full instructions. The land yard is of good quality and so is the holster but time will be the biggest teller now they will be getting wet and dirty a lot.

So after getting the lanyard attached which only took a few seconds I gave the torch a look over it feels a good quality with the battery inside it is a nice weight 380g not to heavy to carry around for a good trip which will come later in the review.

So the instructions are very basic they tell you all you need to no, how to use it how to charge it which is all standard straight forward stuff now days, I did notice the charging indicator light in sunlight on the window sill Was hard to see the colour of its status when I moved it out of direct light was much better. I have to say I like the overall design of the functions of the torch it’s cycle is very simple only 3 settings not to much going on some torches are to complicated this is not one of them. It does have the stupid sos/ strobe setting though but on the plus side it has the ultra low power moonlight setting we all love for hiding out of site or sneaking around or both!!!
6C5D4CFF-57CB-4C7E-A415-7CA43BA6AE70.jpeg

The charging indicator / multi function button appeared at first to be a weak point off the design. This torch since then has done a 3 hour trip underground with lots of dunks under the water and not shown a issue. Potentially room for improvement though maybe a extra rubber case for a v3 design ? The charging port is the same design as the th30 v2 which I have previously mentioned potential for improvement on also. Both of these torches have been submerged multiple times and not shown a fault/issue. You have the full 2 year warranty then warranty at parts only cost afterwards which shows large trust in there own design that’s double the standard 12 months !

Just to note all my photos are from a old I phone in not the easiest of places so don’t expect some David Attenborough image .

954251E4-C005-4042-9549-B7444F4D5F3D.jpeg

As you can see in a 15ft wide passage and around 9ft tall this torch punches the lumens forwards and the spread of the beam lights the walls up lovely into the distance Ahead.
9CFC374D-86C9-461D-843B-5EB63FA42A37.jpeg
So a different image all together now a very quick phone photo showing the torch in use while moving, I am happy with how the torch is capturing the bacteria colours in the water as you can see even on the low settings walking is far from doing it in the dark
2BC700BA-D840-48AF-906E-7C2F4E01F3D6.jpeg

There we are a monster of a main haulage way for you to decide .

A short overall conclusion I am most happy with both of my purchases so far but let’s talk about the tc20 .

It’s certainly bright enough for long tunnels and can throw that light down the tunnel a long way which is great i believe for large slate mines I shall need a more powerful torch though or maybe use 2 or 3 at once ? I am happy with the battery life it didn’t flinch in the 3 hours which is what I expect from any decent torch, I think I turned it up to maximum maybe 75 times on that trip. The photos for myself are of a acceptable quality also the torch survived its water drownings and bashes around .

I would give this around the 4 out of 5 due to the function button concern and the charging port concern i believe there is room for improvement but as stated the warranty covers this issue and it’s not failed yet !

This is a unpaid review for the Benefit of anyone in the market for ANY torch.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/THRUNITE-F...cphy=1006517&hvtargid=pla-1299037216966&psc=1

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back