Old Hall, Norwich

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightbuoy

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Hi all :)

On the same day that I popped back to Norwich's Old Post Office (got inside this time using a big coach as cover!!):D , I saw this place...............

DSCN8300.png

DSCN8299.png

DSCN8313.png

DSCN8302.png

DSCN8304.png

DSCN8305.png

DSCN8306.png

DSCN8308.png

DSCN8309.png

DSCN8310.png

DSCN8311.png

If anyone has any info on this place, please feel free to add it here!

Lb:cool:

Last edited:
Oops -just realised I've put this in the wrong section. PLEASE can one of the very nice Mods move it into the MISC section -ta!

Lb:cool:

No info, I'm afraid, Lb, but please don't tell me it was being demolished! :eek:
It's an unusual looking building. Reminds me of an Austrian/Bavarian Alpine type of house. Not that I've ever been there, mind you. Only ever seen piccies on jigsaws. :D

Cheers
Foxy :)

Check out Samson and Hercules on Tombland - it's in the process of being demolished such a shame as it used to house one of the biggest ballrooms in East Anglia I believe (a hive of activity during world war II) - during excavation a swimming pool was found with lovely ornate pillars.
Has anyone managed to get any shots of this?

Check out Samson and Hercules on Tombland - it's in the process of being demolished such a shame as it used to house one of the biggest ballrooms in East Anglia I believe (a hive of activity during world war II) - during excavation a swimming pool was found with lovely ornate pillars.
Has anyone managed to get any shots of this?

Just checked it on google and it's an unusual building with an interesting history. Here's the link

http://norfolkcoast.co.uk/curiosities/cu_samsonhercules.htm

Thanks for the heads-up on that, Wagg. What a waste that it's being demolished! :cry:

Foxy :)

It's an old nightclub on Rose Lane, near the back of the Castle Maul shopping bunker. It's been empty for over 10 years I think and I suspect the inside is pretty chaved, it was squatted for a while and was the scene of a murder.

Derek

photography

hey im doing a project for photography and i was wondering if u cud actually enter this place easily
cheers and also does anyone know of other derelict interesting places in norwich that i can enter

It used to be the Tudor Hall,later Henrys.A buzzin' nightclub in its day.Spent many a night there in 70's/80's.
Been shut a good 10 years.

hey im doing a project for photography and i was wondering if u cud actually enter this place easily
cheers and also does anyone know of other derelict interesting places in norwich that i can enter

Hi,

Bearing in mind that I visited this place nigh on 2 years ago, not sure the current situation.
All the best with ya Project.

Lb:jimlad:

Update.
Its all been restored,as has the Samson and Hercules.Clocked them both on a drive round today.But securly boarded up,awaiting new uses.
As well as Tudor hall and Henrys I forgot its last identity as Peppermint Park.
It still retained the broken neon id years after it shut.
Good to see the places done up.

Update.
Its all been restored,as has the Samson and Hercules.Clocked them both on a drive round today.But securly boarded up,awaiting new uses.
As well as Tudor hall and Henrys I forgot its last identity as Peppermint Park.
It still retained the broken neon id years after it shut.
Good to see the places done up.

Thanks for that Duke :)

Lb :jimlad:

Back