1,001 Abandoned houses - Studlands Estate. Oct 08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's pretty surreal, reminds me a bit of those towns they built in Nevada for the atomic tests in the 50s.

empty houses newmarket

I Think They are unoccupied because of the End of the Cold War,They remind me of a Council Estate with them all being the Same,:neutral:

It's just crazy that a whole estate like this is just left standing empty, when there are so many homeless people, and people on low incomes who desparately need houses.

:) Sal

One of the most sensible posts I've seen on this forum. The ammount of wasted space available for re-use in the UK is disgusting.

It looks a bit like where I used to live on RAF Woodbridge. (US military built also)

I lived there from 1999 - 2001, we had a bungalow and they were huge. The word was the houses were getting knocked down as most of the lads had been moved to a new estate on the western side of Ipswich.

When I left, there wern't many of us still there, I think about 15 couples and that was like a bit of a ghost town. We wern't all together either, there were three in my street of 18 houses, we were all spread out.

Imagine my surprise when I put my old postcode into a house price checker and my house had been sold in 2006 for £131,000.

I'm over that way next month and will have to drop by and see if any of it has been demolished.

Latest posts

Back