1966 time capsule

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also the plumbing to the sink has what look like modern Hepworth push-fit type joints, which are probably only a couple of years old.

Standard 1/2" Compression Tee Joints, which judging by the style of the body casting and nuts was probably produced by Peglers of Doncaster - the major producer of these fittings in the 1960s.

With reference to Sausage's 'Fat' joints on lead water pipes. Years ago; you knew you were on the way to becoming a proper tradesman when you could join two pieces of lead pipe with a faultless 'wiped joint', and not end up with a pool of semi molten lead all over your boots!

Standard 1/2" Compression Tee Joints, which judging by the style of the body casting and nuts was probably produced by Peglers of Doncaster - the major producer of these fittings in the 1960s.

Non-urbex Triva:

Kevin Keegan worked for Peglars as an office clerk after leaving school, & before turning professional.

Foundry owner Alan Pegler owned the Flying Scotsman for many years, until donating it to the national collection.

With reference to Sausage's 'Fat' joints on lead water pipes. Years ago; you knew you were on the way to becoming a proper tradesman when you could join two pieces of lead pipe with a faultless 'wiped joint', and not end up with a pool of semi molten lead all over your boots!

arnt these known generally as "Yorkshire fittings" ?

What on earth is this?

Bindloss20.jpg

Derek

Music centre?

Well, it sort of looks like one but they didn't exist back in 1966 did they?. It might be a radiogram of some kind though, that sort of looks like a record deck on the top, but why does the front drop down and where's the big loudspeaker?

Derek

Well, it sort of looks like one but they didn't exist back in 1966 did they?. It might be a radiogram of some kind though, that sort of looks like a record deck on the top, but why does the front drop down and where's the big loudspeaker?

Derek

OMG, it is one!!! I didn't recognise it at first. I remember seeing one at a friend's house when I was a kid. The front drops down to access the radio and the apparatus on top is indeed a record deck. The speakers are or were in the side panels, if I recall correctly. No woofers and tweeters when that was made!!! :mrgreen:

Maybe the drop-down bit is the big speaker and it isn't supposed to drop down.

Reminds me of some of the student accommodation when I was a uni. Still cool though.

These pictures were taken in 2001 when the house was being renovated so I imagine all that stuff is long gone.

I lived in some bedsits in derby that wern`t much better than that in my yoof...But the wallpaper in Derby was nicer :)

Great post thanx

Back