1966 time capsule

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eugh! Those pickled eggs must be the oldest foodstuff found urban exploring ever. I thought it was bad at West Park where there was a fridgle load of custart creams. I can remeber someone actually eating one to see if they were, ahem, alright.

arnt these known generally as "Yorkshire fittings" ?

Bit late in the reply department. No 'Yorkshire Fittings" are the copper self soldering ones - clean pipes with abrasive pad, apply flux paste, assemble joint and then heat until solder appears at ends of fitting. They were originally produced by Yorkshire Imperial Metal Company I believe, but there a now many clones available.

Hey that's my old house! - only joking. :)

It's weird though to think that not so long ago this was more or less the standard for residential properties. I have memories of our old kitchen when I was a kid and to be honest it looked a bit like this but without the clutter. The sink and everything else was the same.
I grew up in a 'terrace' and the kitchen was very similar (though slightly cleaner ;)).

Back