A Maginot Line gros ouvrage (large fort)... VERY IMAGE INTENSIVE!

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it was the maginot line that started my fascination with WWII defensive structures when I was a little kid before I realised what a rich (albeit more modest) heritage we had on our doorstep. I would love to explore something like this and it's astounding it's in such great condition and accessible at all. fantastic report, great subject matter. did you find any personal touches, graffiti and the like?

TeeJF - awesome report! Look forward to your next escapade into a Maginot Fort!

Stunning report and photos, truly inspirational! ;)

Well done guys :p

Just awesome, what a great report. You just gotta love the Maginot Line really, there is (as far as I'm aware) nothing of the complexity or length of the line to match it in the U.K

TeeJF, have you ever seen the "Alpes Maritime" Sector of the Maginot line????

Cheers y'all! We're busy trying to find some more that we can get into! But until then I'm afraid it'll have to be another Verdun fort to tide you over. Watch this space! :)

Fantastic stuff mate, our group have been talking about doing some of the maginot line for a few years now, everytime you put something up in france we start talking about it again, I think its time we got off our arses and got it done.

To be honest the "Madge" is NOT a place we know much about, it's a new area we are just dipping into right now. Verdun is our patch really.

But yeah, I'd heartily recommend you get cracking over there. This stuff won't last forever and it's still relatively untouiched right now, especially Verdun.

There's also a group of WW2 maginot Line type forts in Belgium awaiting investigation!

Thanks for your kind comments.

Fantastic! Some bloody great shots there you too, 7, 21 and 29 are my faves, oh and of course the beautiful poppy pic:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back