Bailey Mill - Delph : Sept 2012 **PIC HEAVY**

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics! Its a nice mooch around here, even though the floors are a bit dodgy in places :)

Yea especially as you get higher up, the top floor in particular is on the verge of collapse at the far corner! Tread carefully! ;)

I reckon they'll still be there ... I'd be very, very surprised if not

As you will see from peanuts post pal, they big machines have gone! Grrrr would've been nice to see these! :cry:

a lot of the more valuable and unusual machinery was moved last year to protect it from pikeys

if you realy want info on this place contact bungle666 he used to work there

Cheers bud, thanks for confirming that they have actually been removed, as there was one part we couldn't access so was thinking they may have been in there, evidently not! ;)

Nicely done, you captured the grittiness well…

I was at Bailey Mill a few days ago too, and the basement is virtually empty, so it looks like the carding machines have been dismantled and removed… leaving just a few carding rolls in the corner.

Yea it's a shame, they would have made some great shots! I saw the carding rolls, and one smaller machine, that's about it :p

Great pics - way better than mine (even with a tripod) lol Really enjoyed this visit, more interesting stuff than the previous ones I've done. T'was a bit scarey up in the roof but worth it for the "chair" shot. Definitely going to revisit!

Great pics - way better than mine (even with a tripod) lol Really enjoyed this visit, more interesting stuff than the previous ones I've done. T'was a bit scarey up in the roof but worth it for the "chair" shot. Definitely going to revisit!

Thanks, but I'm sure your shots are great!! I don't know what it is but I can't be bothered with the Tripod, I must have a steady hand ;)

Did you manage a good one of the chair? Mine was alright, but nothing special :cry:

Cracking pictures and report, does look to be a big place one to have a look at me thinks thanks for posting :).

Cracking pictures and report, does look to be a big place one to have a look at me thinks thanks for posting :).

It's defo worth a look mate, still plenty of stuff in the old office etc, and some lovely wicker baskets etc. Nice relaxed mooch too! :p

Enjoy ;)

fantastic shots mate! Luv the processing too adds real depth, nicely done:)

looks like a great explore, luv these old mills wiv brick chimneys, good eye for detail wiv the wool shots....wish they had these kinda places nearer to me!!:mrgreen:

fantastic shots mate! Luv the processing too adds real depth, nicely done:)

looks like a great explore, luv these old mills wiv brick chimneys, good eye for detail wiv the wool shots....wish they had these kinda places nearer to me!!:mrgreen:

Cheers mate! There are loads around here, but TBH they all begin to look the same......I crying out for a Manor or Hospital to do lol ;)

Happy to report the carding machines are still ALL there, intact and as impressive as the first time I saw them :)

Yes thankfully they are!! Thanks for showing us mate, was a good day when all said and done, seeing the machines was defo the highlight!

Hope to have many more 'splores together ;)

Happy to report the carding machines are still ALL there, intact and as impressive as the first time I saw them :)

They are still there, but not as intact as they were even 2 years ago, many of the cogs have been removed from the sides of the machines, possibly during this year I'd say as I was suprised how much of the carding machines had actually gone when I was last in.

Sad to see really, I am in and out of here fairly often and have watched it slowly get trashed, this report shows there are some bits of interest, but for me the camera has stayed in my bag the last couple of times! Was lucky enough to see this mill when it was still working.

This is top notch...you realy know ur stuff,and to capture shots,and make a quality report...hats off...realy well done...

Back