Bailey Mill - Delph : Sept 2012 **PIC HEAVY**

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't notice any missing cogs but then I didn't inspect each individual machine closely lol

Possibly they weren't there when you first visited so nothing to miss? lol :mrgreen:

Here's a pic of the carding machines http://www.flickr.com/photos/21913923@N03/4760204201/ They were like this up to a couple of years a go, all the cogs and drive belts are now gone from all the machines.

I have seen lots go from this place over the years!

They are still there, but not as intact as they were even 2 years ago, many of the cogs have been removed from the sides of the machines, possibly during this year I'd say as I was suprised how much of the carding machines had actually gone when I was last in.

Sad to see really, I am in and out of here fairly often and have watched it slowly get trashed, this report shows there are some bits of interest, but for me the camera has stayed in my bag the last couple of times! Was lucky enough to see this mill when it was still working.

I was astonished to see the machines, having been previously and 'missed' them!! Fortunately thanks to Judderman62, I was able to finally see these.

I couldn't tell you if any bits were in fact missing, i was just so happy to see them there in the first place, definitely makes this place worth visiting.

I would've loved to have seen the place maybe 2 yrs previous, I bet it was even more impressive.

Carl.

I love the writing on the envelope!

Yea looks good that doesn't it........I tried a little 'ageing' on it to attempt to recreate the 'time' haha....not sure if it works or not?!?! Hope you are both well bud ;)

I liked the effect a lot. Yes we're both doing great thanks. Seem to have put that nasty infection to bed at long last which I got in that Madge fort in the spring. Jeeze, I don't want anything like that again, I seemed to feel crappy forever afterwards. Hope you got the message about the Crimbo p*ss up date?

On a different note, that mill looks superb. You know we aren't into industrial but that has alot to offer. Great work.

I liked the effect a lot. Yes we're both doing great thanks. Seem to have put that nasty infection to bed at long last which I got in that Madge fort in the spring. Jeeze, I don't want anything like that again, I seemed to feel crappy forever afterwards. Hope you got the message about the Crimbo p*ss up date?

On a different note, that mill looks superb. You know we aren't into industrial but that has alot to offer. Great work.

Ah glad you've shaken it off!!

Cheers, you know me and 'messing' with pics, I do like a little experimentation! Thanks for your kind words! :)

No didn't get one about the date bud, last thing i heard you were just sorting it out......ohhhh let me know ;)

Latest posts

Back