Battle HQ, Sarre, Kent - Feb 11

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tank2020

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Finally managed to go and have a look at this place. The sun came out for about an hour, and I manged to fit the visit between putting laminate flooring down and taking the kids swimming.

I am glad i managed to get down there, as it feels that it won't be standing in its full integrity for long, it does not feel safe in the unlined sections at all. This is partly due to the Canadian soldiers building the tunnels with log supports, I guess they thought they were building their cabins back home.

The entrance was fun, being the size that I am; I did think about turning back, but I have got to so many tunnels before with no hope of fitting, I gave it a go.

..... hidden from sight underground in a disused quarry, is a small tunnel complex which was used as a Brigade headquarters for the South East Army Command. It was manned during the war by Canadian troops. Similar complex's were built at Canterbury and Tunbridge Wells. The tunnels were originally reached by three stairways descending about 50 feet from the surface. One section of tunnel is corrugated steel lined, while another one is unlined and has the chalk exposed. There are also five brick lined rooms with recess's in the walls.
Taken from Medwaylines - http://www.medwaylines.com/sarrebattlehq.htm

DSC04197.jpg

DSC04074.jpg

DSC04075.jpg

DSC04082.jpg

DSC04084.jpg

Thinking about turning back!

DSC04085.jpg

What I got through
DSC04091.jpg

DSC04101.jpg

DSC04108.jpg

DSC04114.jpg

DSC04121.jpg

DSC04126.jpg

DSC04128.jpg

DSC04132.jpg

DSC04146.jpg

Brown Hole !
DSC04147.jpg

DSC04159.jpg

I know what my missus would say if i took her down here for valentines day.:lol:

DSC04163.jpg

DSC04166.jpg

DSC04172.jpg

Birch bark, all that remains of timber supports.
DSC04173.jpg

Cool patterns left by condensation dripping on dusty floors.
DSC04181.jpg

Hope you enjoyed.

Latest posts

Back