British Steel Works

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dave;12224; said:
Excellent pics ive been wandering around those steel works for many years and your right security is very tight in certain places other places not so however im always very very cautious they can pop up anywhere i have been caught twice but managed to bluff my way out i have many pics and plenty of info on the place via my email.

Hi Dave,

Yes, I've been rumbled on a few trips, and I often wonder if Security are hiding someplace, ready to jump out at ya!;)
Would you mind sharing some of these pictures -you can't beat a bit of Industrial!:D

Thanks,

Lb:cool:

A few more,

The exposed wires above my head were live and provided power for locomitives to carry the wagon with the hot coke.

14A_0202.jpg

Tracks next to the old silo.

17A_0205.jpg

Base of the old Silo.

_7A_0195.jpg

Unforunately they are the only photos I have from here apart from what I shot on daves camera. Still a very cool place though.

nice pics mate...those first 3 are you using a grad on the camera for the sky's, you got a really nice deep blue from those sky's, and later is there a warm filter on the camera for that hazy orange glow, soz getting boring and techy,? Just like photography.Indy

indy;12757; said:
nice pics mate...those first 3 are you using a grad on the camera for the sky's, you got a really nice deep blue from those sky's, and later is there a warm filter on the camera for that hazy orange glow, soz getting boring and techy,? Just like photography.Indy

No not to techy,

I havent used any filters on these bar a standard UV filter (which is just used to protect the lens.) They all film photos which have had a bit of work done in photoshop mostly just routine stuff with the levels etc.

The orange glow in the last photo is from the orange of the sodium lights which light that area, Photographically I think they are average images. But I thought I'd share them as they add something to a location that not many people are likely to see.

Sorry to drag this thread back from the past ... but huge props to you for exploring here. :)

Northern Exposure and I had a crack a while back, but even getting through the boundary now is "shocking" ...

So it is a shocking new addition!
We saw in this new year from the top of the DL bunker and had a argument over whether it had been there on our previous visits!. I thought it had always been there! :lol:

Dave

It was being erected early last year AFAIK, but by the time we got around to visiting, it had become "live". Gutted isn't the word, but I guess it's another lesson in taking your opportunities while you can. :)

It was being erected early last year AFAIK, but by the time we got around to visiting, it had become "live". Gutted isn't the word, but I guess it's another lesson in taking your opportunities while you can. :)

aye its all about weighing the risk against what you get out of it but impressive industrial pics :)

Excellent report guys. Last year I took a day out on my birthday and took the train that goes past here. It is an astonishing journey, with a really different landscape that made me just want to travel backwards and forwards taking it all in. Thanks for sharing

Brilliant report and nice to see it again, this is an old stomping ground of mine have been to the top of the DL tower three times though its much harder now as i think there's an electric fence stopping you. Other parts of the steel works have been demolished recently i must have a look through some of my pics and post them up.

Brilliant report and nice to see it again, this is an old stomping ground of mine have been to the top of the DL tower three times though its much harder now as i think there's an electric fence stopping you. Other parts of the steel works have been demolished recently i must have a look through some of my pics and post them up.

Please do Dave, would be great to see them.

will do northern i'll see what i can do.

I've got to say, this is one of the most awe-inspring things I have ever seen. Well done for getting in and taking these! They are great photos and a good write up too.

Back