Calfaria Baptist Chapel, Llanelli (Sept 2016)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never knock the modern phone camera - these days they will all record with good detail what your eyes are registering in your brain. It's seeing the image in the first place that matters and what quite frankly makes the difference between three of four really captivating images that have a tale to tell and a hard drive full of junk - stating nothing! A very nice set here and again that stool shot certainly makes a statement - finality and 'the end' come to my mind - for real effect and a statement, it should be the last image of the set!

Does it? I'll bear that in mind, I guess in a way images can tell a story. The stool has fallen over, in the same way the church itself has fallen from what it used to be.

nice pictures pal i went today and it was just to many people around to get in

You wouldn't have had any luck anyway, my friend went yesterday and found it sealed - presumably as a result of the fire earlier this week.

There were a few people walking down the street when I did it earlier this month and we just brazened it and walked right onto the property nobody batted an eyelid.

I've always loved abandoned churches, there's something about them!

Llanelli's just down the road from where some family used to live - about 2 maybe 3 years ago I found an abandoned small cottage just outside their village. No idea if it's still there (I live south of London) but I'm more then happy to let you know a rough location if you fancy it. Drop me a pm if you want :)

Back