Chaddeston Culvert Derby

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fezzyben

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
After an afternoon of fail trying to find new culverts Ashless, Thompski and I decided to take a look at Chaddeston culvert as I hadn't been there before.
Its between 4 and 500metres long and is half box section and half corrugated steel.
It runs the chaddeston brook under housing and the a52 into the river Derwent at pride park.
Here be the pics.

theeexplorers.png

Myself,Ashless and Thompski at the outfall

tunnel.png

The box section woth a handy raised bit to walk on

asdaprice.png

Thats ASDA price!

nicelight.png

Halfway along is a manhole shaft

thompskiexit.png

And finallt thompski being a pic whore :mrgreen:

lol at Thompski doing the 'Mendo Brap' lol.

Excellent pics Ben, I loved this place when we did it early last year. Did you have any of the kids who live nearby in those houses saying "oooooooooooooooh it's scary in there, don't go in" etc?

It's a great place to be when the weather is hot. :)

Excellent work guys,

:) Sal

You two, (you and thompski), are wearing the same outfit. I hate it when you get all dressed up and...:lol:

It's a nice culvert :mrgreen:
You nicked my idea for lighting the manhole access :p if you are ever planning on going again, I'd be happy to come :)

Glad to see you lot are keeping up the good work:):lol:Dont know about local kids saying its scary,it was them that forced us to use it for cover last time as we had to sit out an "air raid" of incoming bricks,the little swines:lol:

Good pics as usual,great weather for it:exclaim:

Latest posts

Back