Cherryridge Poultry, North Repps, Norfolk. Pic Heavy.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Shuck

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Cherryridge Poultry was a leading Processor and Producer of Freerange and Organic Turkeys. The Avian Flu outbreak in Norfolk pushed down Turkey prices in around 2006 and as a Result over 50 jobs were lost at this Turkey Slaughter House and Butchery. I have personal interest in this site as I used to work here!, at its height 15,000 Birds a week were Hung, Killed and Butchered to supply leading SuperMarkets Nationwide. This is the old Engineers Shed and Maintenance Depot Despatch Department This is what is left of the Live Hang On Bay where I used to work! Lorries would have brought Cages full of Turkeys to be Hung Prior to Killing
DSCF3844.jpg
DSCF3841.jpg
DSCF3846.jpg
DSCF3848.jpg
This the Farm Shop where you can Buy Pies Pasties etc for Lunch! Sadly no more!
DSCF3850.jpg
DSCF3852.jpg
DSCF3854.jpg
DSCF3858.jpg
DSCF3859.jpg
DSCF3860.jpg
This was the Security Room
DSCF3861.jpg
DSCF3862.jpg
DSCF3864.jpg
DSCF3868.jpg
Next to the Factory was a House and Outbuilding, needlless to sy they were explored too!
DSCF3871.jpg
DSCF3874.jpg
DSCF3876.jpg
DSCF3877.jpg
DSCF3878.jpg
DSCF3880.jpg
The House itself was a Blinder!
DSCF3881.jpg
DSCF3885.jpg
DSCF3887.jpg
DSCF3889.jpg
DSCF3895.jpg
DSCF3892.jpg
DSCF3902.jpg
DSCF3906.jpg
DSCF3907.jpg
DSCF3911.jpg
Thats it Guys, sorry for the loads of Pics!

It's even more of a dump than it was when my college bus used to go past it :lol:
Cool though :p
Does it still smell of turkey poop?
xxx

Ha Ha! It certainly was a dump even when I was working there. No, no Turkey Shit, well worth a look if you get a chance though!;)

I will try to get out there - it's on a bus route so could actually do it myself this week. Haha, if not, I'll have to do it once I'm Mrs Farrow (12 days to go!!).
Blegh. Turkey.

I will try to get out there - it's on a bus route so could actually do it myself this week. Haha, if not, I'll have to do it once I'm Mrs Farrow (12 days to go!!).
Blegh. Turkey.

Theres no Turkeys there any more, Mimbly! They all Gobbled Off!:lol: Access is SIMPLES!;) Good Luck Sweetie! Send me some pics yeah!?;)

What a grim place. Did you work there for long?

I managed about 3 Months before I packed in Lost. My hands were starting to suffer from picking up Turkey Stags that weighed between 30 and 55 pounds each.:(

good stuff there BS I don't think I would have lasted a week there never mind 3 months mate

I assume all those bits of wallpaper in the kitchen were covered up with cupboards at one time.

Your Assumption would be right I think Rich, it seemed that the house was part of the Abbatoir somehow as there was easy access .

Latest posts

Back