Don Valley Academy & Performing Arts College - Doncaster - Jan 2017

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent report

Could I ask a quick question
On your visit was it all fenced off with guard dog warnings?

Out doing some various places in Doncaster today and this was on our list. But been out off because of the dog signs šŸ˜¬

Excellent report

Could I ask a quick question
On your visit was it all fenced off with guard dog warnings?

Out doing some various places in Doncaster today and this was on our list. But been out off because of the dog signs šŸ˜¬

Hey, there was some fencing round the place but no guard dog warning they are new along with actual guards with dog on patrol so I have been told.

As always HA, the more a place appears on the internet, the greater the number of - shall we say 'the crazies' poke about a place. Being ex Dony, know the present situation and past history of this place very well and security is down to a company run by an old mate of mine. It's sad to see a place that produced so many creative people going down the tubes - with evidence of their work still on display in some cases. Another mate's wife did her teaching diploma here and like a previous poster states, is following this story with interest.

Superb photos. My old school (1983-89) - had no idea it was being demolished. Fascinating to see inside after all these years.

Totally fab set of images HA! It shows that you thought about what you were doing in there and probably spent a lot of time, some great compositions and very atmospheric pics:chuncky:

Enjoyed your report, thanks!

Ditto! Any idea what that spiral staircase was? Canā€™t for the life of me remember it (and I spent my entire secondary education, plus sixth form at the school).

I'm told that it was in one of the rehearsal halls - observers could watch the performers without disturbing them, then come down to the stage areas to comment with the actors. There was obviously an entrance to the room on the first floor so that people did not know they were being observed/assessed.

The spiral staircase was in the Library it went up to a computer room where the idea was you had access to referencematerial but couldn't be disturbed easily. We weren't allowed up there often I think I only went up there twice!
I'm told that it was in one of the rehearsal halls - observers could watch the performers without disturbing them, then come down to the stage areas to comment with the actors. There was obviously an entrance to the room on the first floor so that people did not know they were being observed/assessed.

The spiral staircase was in the Library it went up to a computer room where the idea was you had access to referencematerial but couldn't be disturbed easily. We weren't allowed up there often I think I only went up there twice!

Cheers for that info. My original source got her information from some of the initial layout plans for the place. Obviously the layout was altered/better thought out when built.

Back