Ebridge Mill, North Walsham, November 2011

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlutterGirl

Reaction score

First a little bit of history about Ebridge Mill.
Ebridge Mill was also sometimes known as North Walsham Mill. The old mill was 5 storeys high and built of red brick with a slate roof.

The mill remained in the ownership of the family within Cubbitt & Walker Ltd from 1869 - 1998 when it was sold to Duffields and subsequently closed.

When the goodwill of the flour milling business was sold to the Millers' Mutual Association in 1966, the milling machinery was broken up leaving the old mill as an ancillary to the new provender mill built alongside.
http://www.norfolkmills.co.uk/Watermills/ebridge.html

Visit part 1 - These photos are of our first visit and show just a glimpse of this desolate mill. There is so much more to see but that will have to wait for another time. The mill seems to be home to hundreds of pigeons so beware of live ones, a few dead ones and loads of pigeon crap!!! For me, it was quite dark and foreboding but the husband made sure he had a torch with him this time lol
Now for the pictures - I hope you enjoy them. Another explore of this place is definitely on the cards.

IMG_4909 by Life Through A Lens, on Flickr

P1060441 by Life Through A Lens, on Flickr

IMG_4925x by Life Through A Lens, on Flickr

IMG_4920 copy by Life Through A Lens, on Flickr

IMG_4928 by Life Through A Lens, on Flickr

IMG_4944a by Life Through A Lens, on Flickr

IMG_4943 copy by Life Through A Lens, on Flickr

IMG_4949a by Life Through A Lens, on Flickr

IMG_4930a by Life Through A Lens, on Flickr

IMG_4966a by Life Through A Lens, on Flickr

P1060465 by Life Through A Lens, on Flickr

IMG_4933 copy by Life Through A Lens, on Flickr

IMG_4945a by Life Through A Lens, on Flickr

P1060496 by Life Through A Lens, on Flickr

P1060476 by Life Through A Lens, on Flickr

Hope you didn't press the green button!

On a more serious note, beware pigeon crap, it's not only goppin' it carries a really dangerous bacteria which attacks your lungs. A friend from Glasgow is waiting for a heart and lung transplant now because of the disease in question. :cry:

Nice pix! Thanks.

:)

Hope you didn't press the green button!

On a more serious note, beware pigeon crap, it's not only goppin' it carries a really dangerous bacteria which attacks your lungs. A friend from Glasgow is waiting for a heart and lung transplant now because of the disease in question. :cry:

Nice pix! Thanks.

Thank you for looking and yeah I am aware of the danger of nasty pigeon crap. :sick: We took masks with us as a precaution. :)

Good stuff,i never wore a mask here and by the top floor it was getting too much with the stench but its a decent place apart from the pigeons flying everywhere.

I wasn't brave enough to go to the top floor...next time maybe?? ;) lol

Good job you didn't Fluttergirl, as the 5th floor is full of holes and like a sponge too. I've neen here 4 times now. Lovely little place to shoot but stinks to heaven especially during the summer.

Nice report, know the place well after being recommended it by BS.

Can't believe you didn't do the top floor BS, after the amount of dodgy places I've followed you into! :p

Loved this place ever since I visited a while ago.

You have taken some great shots & is nice to see a recent report.

I think this is one of those explores where you have to know how far to push things.

Thanks for posting :)

Nice report, know the place well after being recommended it by BS.

Can't believe you didn't do the top floor BS, after the amount of dodgy places I've followed you into! :p

Thanks very much. Having read a few more reports on this place..I'd love to go back for another look, maybe ignoring the top floor ;)

Loved this place ever since I visited a while ago.

You have taken some great shots & is nice to see a recent report.

I think this is one of those explores where you have to know how far to push things.

Thanks for posting :)

Thank you for looking..yep you're right about pushing things..death isn't on my to do list..not yet anyway LOL

Latest posts

Back