Final Harperbury - Pic Heavy - April 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Harperbury and I don't know why, it's trashed and pretty much chaved to the hilt, but there's something about it, I think it might just be the random stuff dotted around the place, a wheelbarrow hanging from a swing, a sofa on a lawn etc.. etc... etc...

Nice photos fella and as already said, some nice newly discovered stuff there :)

Seriously? Where? All I've seen is 2 seperate padded rooms, but all padding removed (except the floor) and what used to be a padded play area. The asbesdos guys are in stripping all the buildings now so there will soon be nothing left in any of them.

Haha this goes back years, 2005/6 or something like that one shot was posted showing a corridor with 4-6 padded cells in a row. They became a bit of folk law as nobody ever found them again!

Haha this goes back years, 2005/6 or something like that one shot was posted showing a corridor with 4-6 padded cells in a row. They became a bit of folk law as nobody ever found them again!

Urban myth.

Many thanks for sharing - some great stuff still left, and nice photos too :)

I'm still hopeful of seeing this place before she goes, although time seems to be running out pretty quick :(

Rather drawn to the mysteries of the padded cells and underground tunnels though...

-RR

Talking to my stepmum who used to work there it looks like a few buildings have been demolished in the past couple of years, she remembers buildings that just aren't there anymore.

Perhaps they were the wards that had the rows of padded cells in them?

Many thanks for sharing - some great stuff still left, and nice photos too :)

I'm still hopeful of seeing this place before she goes, although time seems to be running out pretty quick :(

Rather drawn to the mysteries of the padded cells and underground tunnels though...

-RR

It looks like I need to face these tunnels, too much fun to pass up and I'll regret it so if you're up for it you could come along next time I go? Not that I know when this will be, soon though. Like you said it is running out and it's lost a bit of its magic now the cells and floors have been ripped out but it's still a pretty special place. :)

I'm always up for another trip...
This place is driving me crazy, thats why I'm on the lookout for a nice padded cell to live in :lol:

samiileigh said:
It looks like I need to face these tunnels, too much fun to pass up and I'll regret it so if you're up for it you could come along next time I go? Not that I know when this will be, soon though. Like you said it is running out and it's lost a bit of its magic now the cells and floors have been ripped out but it's still a pretty special place. :)

I'd be well up for doing the tunnels if you are, it does look well fun! I'll try and make it along if I can next time you go...just let me know when you know :)

Dont get too excited, all I've seen is a hole in the ground with some pipes in leading off into darkness... They may only go for 10 feet in either direction :)

I've heard rumours about tunnels but have never seen anything for sure...

Sammi, have you even bought a torch yet? :lol:

omj624p said:
Dont get too excited, all I've seen is a hole in the ground with some pipes in leading off into darkness... They may only go for 10 feet in either direction :)

I've heard rumours about tunnels but have never seen anything for sure...

Haha, that just makes things more interesting...nothing like a mysterious underground tunnel :lol:

I like Harperbury, Don't think I'm finished with it either, still much to mooch at.

Get back soon then, I think a certain building is still open... You should be there when we lower Samii into the tunnels and then wait to see if she ever comes back out :lol:

I'm always up for another trip...
This place is driving me crazy, thats why I'm on the lookout for a nice padded cell to live in :lol:

Haha I honestly thought we'd finished Harperbury, but now I want to go again.

Haha we will find you a padded cell! If I locked you in one would you freak out?

Get back soon then, I think a certain building is still open... You should be there when we lower Samii into the tunnels and then wait to see if she ever comes back out :lol:

Hahaha are none of you guys coming down with me? You're all cowards! Especially you OMJ, psh ;)

And no... I don't have a torch yet :p leave me alone!

Latest posts

Back