General Urbex Photos Thread!

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have considered a similar thread- but I was thinking along the lines of my own thread to cover a variety of bits and pieces in my local area, backed up with some history.

To my mind DP isn't, and shouldn't be, in competition with other forums. It's true that some DP members would get eaten alive if they ventured onto certain other forums but that's why they are here and not there. That's not to say there shouldn't be standards, just that it's not up to members of other forums to decide what these standards should be.

P.S. I was a bit pissed myself when I posted my previous reply on this thread. :lol:

Whilst I agree about standards etc which have been dropping of late. Why should it matter what people on other forums think?At the end of the day we are all participating in the same hobby and it isnt a competition!
I actually think that its quite sad that people are small minded enough rip people on another forums to shreds just because we don't meet their "standards".

Rant over :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Lazy post.

Start of journey from Wales to Brum.
http://history.powys.org.uk/history/rhayader/elanmenu.html
IMG_2103.png

Sober now, I stand by what I said. :mrgreen: It is, however, an opinion, and everyone is entitled to theirs. Because I may not agree with some of you does not make you wrong, nor does it make me wrong.

With regards to other forums taking the piss out of DP, I ask-"what are they looking at DP for, then?" If it is simply to ridicule and belittle, then perhaps they should grow up. I was a member of such a forum in the past, and I am glad to say it's because of the attitude of a minority on that site (not directed toward me personally) that encouraged me to come to DP, and I am glad I am here now. I no longer even look at that other forum, let alone post on it. I feel the DP community is a far more friendly place, yes there may be a few dodgy reports, but now Krela has laid down the law, we know the bar has been raised (a little) and we all have to try a little harder. :)

If you're too lazy to post, then don't... its not all about the reports anyway, is it?

I see where you coming from, but sometimes I feel I take some good photos but don't need an entire thread on that place, but would still like to share them with the wider community, as well as appreciate the efforts of others. Someone could take a good photo of a completely ruined old house but its hardly worth a whole report - they can post it here instead.

Erm, It is in the photography and multimedia part of the site! :confused: I took loads of pics from when I went on a visit to the RAF Scampton Museum a few months ago. I chose to take 3 pics out of the many I took and put up the ones I think would interest people. It doesn't have to be exploring related either, just a few pics of something you like.

Just my opinion mind. :)

:) Sal

Reports.

I do not really mind pics with no report as I enjoy the Internet/Library/OS Map/FlashEarth research as well as the hands on stuff, at 60 an age thing probably, lol.

Last edited:
I hate to have to say this, but this thread is not helping derelictplaces reputation. Theres nothing wrong with the pictures but its just the thread itself. Its all coming down to standards again, and other forums are starting to rip the piss out of DP for it. I personally dont really care what other people think, but as others have said i think we need to tighten up the standards slightly, and hopefully this will see more people joining and less people leaving DP, because that is whats happening! The title of this thread is not a good example to others viewing the forum either. Sorry but i just dont want this forum to be ridiculed again and again, its obviously starting to turn people on us.:(

I think the point is not a thread for poor photos and people who can't be bother doing research. For example If did an explore and only took one photo and others had posted more photos and history is it in the interests of this forum for me to repeat it for the sake of one photo? No.

There should probably be a better named thread; “General Urbex Photographs” with the intention retaining some levels of quality.

If the site of Urbex greatness wishes to take the piss then really who cares. Let them feed their egos and their levels of "virtual" greatness. It must make them happy when they're sat at home alone at night popular with people they don't even know....:rolleyes:

To get on topic here's a one photo explore from me. The Duke of Lancaster in Mostyn.

3167646866_f61b218c47.jpg

I see where you coming from, but sometimes I feel I take some good photos but don't need an entire thread on that place, but would still like to share them with the wider community, as well as appreciate the efforts of others. Someone could take a good photo of a completely ruined old house but its hardly worth a whole report - they can post it here instead.

ok, yeah i see where you are coming from too..
maybe a 'mini reports' thread?
i think you may have come across rather badly.....
:mrgreen:

Short reports.

I don't worry too much about the opinions on some of the other sites, some of them actually give names to culverts as if they are the first explorers!
Most of said culverts were explored by kids with newspaper torches before the advent of the internet and digital cameras, in fact long before some of them were born!

i think you may have come across rather badly.....:mrgreen:

I think that is a bit strong, Mudlark. I wouldn't say Thompski has come accross badly, more we have just misunderstood his point. Whilst I do not agree, I do understand what he is getting at. The biggest problem is individual pictures will be lost in a myriad of obscure content.
I would suggest if you are posting a single or a couple of pics of a place you have visited (that has been visited and posted previously) why not post them in a reply. Not only will your images then be in context, but they will be searchable for the future. I am sure the original posters will have no problem with you bumping their thread, and if they do, perhaps they should be on that "other" forum instead:mrgreen:

I would suggest if you are posting a single or a couple of pics of a place you have visited (that has been visited and posted previously) why not post them in a reply. Not only will your images then be in context, but they will be searchable for the future.

This is a good idea. I and others did this with the B29 Overexposed report that James S first visited (and then again today) and the ongoing discussions have continued in one place.

Great thread Thompski. I have a couple I've not posted:

Not wanting to be pedantic, but........

A couple is two, not one, not three but two.

A few is three or more but not more than say five or six.

Several may be interpreted as five/six or more.

What you have posted here is LOTS:lol::lol::lol:

Some nice pictures there by the way. If they were posted in a thread about the subject(s) we would at least know where they were. As they stand thery are just nice but random images with no attachment to anything. Perhaps that is what you want, but lets not forget this is not a photography forum

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back