Ghost Ads

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice one at cedars road sw11 not far from clapham common.looked at it on google and it goes around the side too :)
P7124569.jpg

P7124570.jpg

P7124571.jpg

biggest one i've seen :lol:

Here are some ghost ads outside my house in Ramsgate.

PICKFORD'S REMOVALS AND STORAGE
IMG_7689.jpg

ANTIQUE AND MODERN FURNITURE BOUGHT FOR CASH
IMG_7686.jpg

:)

A few i've found this week, whilst roaming around as you do.. I know there are more, it's just being arsed to get there.. lols

DSC00429.png

DSC00430.png

Peace!

After seeing this post I remembered a great piece of 'Ghost Ad' just a few streets away from my house. Sod's law - a construction site had now appears around the building obscuring the ad slightly. Still an interesting example.

In case you can't make it out it says Undertakers.

Undertakers2.png

Undertakers1.png

looks like you might have got the picture just before the painters arrive !

Found this fantastic double whammy when I was in Bedford this evening :)

Bedford-WesternSt3.jpg

Bedford-WesternSt1.jpg

Bedford-WesternSt2.jpg

:mrgreen:

Just done a little research into the Greys Tobacco one to try and date it and found this...........

"There's evidence that the sign was covered over by a larger wooden billboard for many decades. This must have protected the old paint underneath. Around the edges is a faint intermittent white line where the frame of the billboard was repainted white. I guess it was only removed a few years back."

Couldn't get a definite date, but Grey's were using the "Honest to goodness" slogan in a 1944 advert

Last edited:
Guys.

I am so impressed by this Ghost Ad malarkey that I've started a Facebook group called, yup you guessed it!! "Ghost Ads"

Love to see some of the photos on the previous pages there. If you join from DP then let me know who you are if your FB id is different from your DP name ;)

The link....................... http://www.facebook.com/groups/169104323181617/

The George Hotel - Old Harlow. Circa 1800 and closed in 1948 now an estate agents.

IMG_2269pb.jpg

IMG_2266pb.jpg

Spotted a few more in Bath

The Limes guest house and boarding now a private house

now an off licence

and finally one for Nelly, more ghost masonry work although this is advertising beer as well as the pub.The pub is sadly closed and now a private residence

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back