Hafodunos Hall

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a real shame to hear, but thankyou for the update. How is the rest of the site looking?

Nice one SC, quite thorough coverage of the place - never even ventured to the tennis courts before to see the CX.

Thanks for sharing

I have said this on the other threads for hafodunos but I didn't realise there were so many fans!!! I work for a builders merchant and one of our customers but a bid in which he had the result for on monday but he's not giving up any clues. Either way it will be sympathetically renovated into apartments, which is his business. So expect Hafodunos to change dramatically soon

Soldier xx

I have said this on the other threads for hafodunos but I didn't realise there were so many fans!!! I work for a builders merchant and one of our customers but a bid in which he had the result for on monday but he's not giving up any clues. Either way it will be sympathetically renovated into apartments, which is his business. So expect Hafodunos to change dramatically soon

Soldier xx
I understand *coughs* that there is a little more to the situation than that. There's a couple of bidders, to start with. Initial bids had to be put in by the 27th July and those bids would then be considered and a second round of negotiations would then take place with serious potential purchasers. I doubt a deal will be concluded before the end of August, unless some crazy millionaire has stepped forward with a knockout bid!! So we won't know until then.

As fantastic a place as it is, it is worth very little on the open market - renovation costs for the main building alone would be truly horrendous (it's basically a case of take it back down to the exterior walls and completely rebuild) and in this dead housing market, you'd never get your money back if you converted it into apartments! Combine that with the fact that it is in the middle of nowhere effectively and Grade I listed, and it would be a big problem for anyone to make money out of it.

SC

*coughs* you might be closer to the truth than you think
You do know that when SFJ Ltd bought Hafodunos a couple of years ago, they only paid £295k for it and that was BEFORE the main house burnt down! It's worth bugger all now. Still showing on the estate agents site as 'for sale'', btw.

SC

Just an update - Hafodunos was sold recently to a couple from Altrincham who are drawing up plans to restore it as a single dwelling. It's not going to be apartments, thank god.

SC

Back