Harnisha lead mine - July 2008

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice photos. I know what you mean about the mine "talking". Brinchcombe Limestone Level does that when you start wading though the gloop, when I took my eldest down there he was convinced we weren't alone down there.

Nice photos. I know what you mean about the mine "talking". Brinchcombe Limestone Level does that when you start wading though the gloop, when I took my eldest down there he was convinced we weren't alone down there.

It's the first time I have noticed it in a mine. I told my Dad (an ex-miner) and he laughed. It seems like a normal phenomena! I took video (using my camera) down there and although the camera sound set up is rubbish, when you play it back the noises are incredible. I can only describe the noise as "busy"!
Next time we do a similar type of mine I am taking proper video equipment, coloured gels and a UV light! The minerals are flourescent down there and look mad under UV light!

Top explore, lads. :) Am very envious and wish I was a bit more available to join you on some of these exploits. We'll maybe's see next year when the little'un is here and settled.

Cracking set of pics there guys. Nice torch work too. Anything with dodgy old props and ladders in has got to be a good un!! :mrgreen:

Top explore, lads. :) Am very envious and wish I was a bit more available to join you on some of these exploits. We'll maybe's see next year when the little'un is here and settled.

Aye. :) You would have loved this one Logan_Five: the roof is one of the highest I have seen. I hardly banged my head at all. :)

Simply a superb set of snaps. Nice write-up too :)

Bet there were a few fairly longish exposures when you were taking your pics? ;)
Thanks for sharing -loving all those twisty part stonework -part natural rock tunnels :mrgreen:

Lb:jimlad:

The longest exposure I did was 15 seconds, using a 3 watt Tesco's led torch. I think this mine "lent itself" to these photo's. The day was relaxed and we simply got on with it. When we exited the mine we were shocked at how long we had been down there. It was a thoroughly enjoyable mooch down there. :)

Simply a superb set of snaps. Nice write-up too :)

Bet there were a few fairly longish exposures when you were taking your pics? ;)
Thanks for sharing -loving all those twisty part stonework -part natural rock tunnels :mrgreen:

For the long tunnel shots I used my standard F8 at 25 or 30 seconds. This usually always works I think, and by using the Fenix for the distance and the Sten for the foreground, I dont even need to wave the torches around, I just keep 'em static.

For the long tunnel shots I used my standard F8 at 25 or 30 seconds. This usually always works I think, and by using the Fenix for the distance and the Sten for the foreground, I dont even need to wave the torches around, I just keep 'em static.

Thanks for the info BL :)

Having the right lighting gets some good pics & must save on waving around the torches (and save on the ol' arms too!) :lol: It certainly looks like it from your snaps.
When I was in some WW2 bunkers in France a year or two back, I was waving me favourite maglite a bit too enthusiastically, and I "waved" it goodbye as it slipped from me hands, through the gun turret opening, down the cliff and into the sea some 50 feet below! :cry::eek:
Hey-ho, ya live and learn! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back