Hello World, derelict or otherwise.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just joined the forum yesterday. I live in Edinburgh, and have lived on Teesside and SW Herts. I explore everywhere, even if it gets me into trouble...
Trouble with who? Only person that gives me trouble for urbexing is my ex-wife when my daughter comes home with tales of collapsing floors or security guards.

Trouble with who? Only person that gives me trouble for urbexing is my ex-wife when my daughter comes home with tales of collapsing floors or security guards.
Security guards, certainly. The police at the nuclear bunker in Corstorphine. The police at the Humboldsthain Flak Tower in Berlin. Some sinister neo Nazi group at Carinhall (they called the police, who weren't interested). The CAA at Teesside Airport (ex RAF Middleton St George). The US National Guard at Lido Beach in New York.

The scariest incident was a group of "archaeologists" searching for WWII remains near Volgograd. They have a very lucrative business selling stuff they find, and they really don't like people wandering about on their (self proclaimed) territory. And on that occasion, I was just walking, not breaking in or infiltrating or trespassing or interfering, or any of the stupid terms they use.

I can imagine the trouble you'd get from a wife, or ex wife would be far worse though. :)

Last edited:
Security guards, certainly. The police at the nuclear bunker in Corstorphine. The police at the Humboldsthain Flak Tower in Berlin. Some sinister neo Nazi group at Carinhall (they called the police, who weren't interested). The CAA at Teesside Airport (ex RAF Middleton St George). The US National Guard at Lido Beach in New York.

The scariest incident was a group of "archaeologists" searching for WWII remains near Volgograd. They have a very lucrative business selling stuff they find, and they really don't like people wandering about on their (self proclaimed) territory. And on that occasion, I was just walking, not breaking in or infiltrating or trespassing or interfering, or any of the stupid terms they use.

I can imagine the trouble you'd get from a wife, or ex wife would be far worse though. :)

u certainly know how to pick em. Re the archaeologist types I think I would of gave as good as I got in that situation.

Latest posts

Back