hemsby weather station.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Shuck

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
[
SDC10511.png
IMG]http://i541.p
SDC10516.png
h
SDC10522.png
otobucket.com/albums/gg388/f
SDC10507.jpg
//i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg388/footballplayer2/SDC10526.jpg[/IMG]ootballplayer2/SDC10510.jp
SDC10530.png
g[/IMG looks like a ch
SDC10490.jpg
obucket.com/albums/gg388/foo
SDC10498.png
tballplayer2/SDC1053
SDC10528.png
7.jpg[/IMG]av burn[
SDC10537.png
IMG]http://i541.p
P1010032.png
h
SDC10493.png
otobucket.com/albums/gg388/footballplayer2/SDC10531.jpg[/IMG] up! Hopefully I have got this right now. This is Hemsby Weather Station. Closed around five years ago apparently. Looks like the Chavs had a bloody barbecue inside. Anyway enjoy.

Attachments

• SDC10490.png
    SDC10490.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 35
well I think I finally got the hang of the photobucket thing at long last! Hemsby weather station to be totally honest I do not know all that much about but I saw it from one of my companies work vans while we were out in the sticks and thought it looked well worth an explore. It's my first post so go easy on me people!

A shame it's so trashed and burnt. :( Some interesting bits left though, and the building itself is something I haven't seen before.
Cheers, norwich. :)

Hmsby weather station.

Thanks for that Foxy. Yah it was a bit burned but it was a fun explore. The strange tower was built to house wind speed direction and strength.

Hemsby weather station

Yes it was certainly differet and I certainly had to watch where Iput my feet!. It is a crying shame that the station was so torn about yet it was in such a rural location.

Yes it is a gem of a place in a very rural location. Just a pity it was ransacked by chav and pond life activity. Still well worth an explore. Look out for my next report very soon.

The mast is still there!!!! Is it climbable, do you think? I assume the anemometer was at the top. is it still there?

Thanks for that Foxy. Yah it was a bit burned but it was a fun explore. The strange tower was built to house wind speed direction and strength.

Not sure what tower you mean ?

this one? was used to inflate the weather balloons with Hydrogen prior to their release

3825039503_b688704989.jpg

3825816912_156bbffc2c.jpg

Went and visited this the day after the mast collapsed or was vandalised, did look funny! decided to go in after years and years of just driving past most days. the small tower at the back is still there, very easy to get up, although hardly worth climbing. as for the anemometer and solar powered light navigation light thingy, they were on the floor, got some pics somewhere of them. apparently the main use for the mast was something to do with the approach for the heliport in Gt Yarmouth, but it had some weather related things attached to it.

Edit; it's all but demolished now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back