Hi from Colchester and a question

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talent

Reaction score
Dear all,

reading this forum for a couple of months I now created an account. Although it's not a derelict building, maybe someone can help me.

I walked past this brick building without any doors/windows in Colchester several times and wonder what its purpose is. Any ideas?

www_google.com/maps/@51.9053862,0.9242791,3a,15y,88.65h,88.47t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sIp__aqXSp3cvMv8vG61HrQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Unfortunately I can't post links. It's at 333 Ipswich Road.

Nothing at all. I saw a small box outside (distribution box?) and a cable going inside. But no sign, labels, ...

There's a bright square on top (according to Google maps). Maybe it can be accessed from the roof.

Looks like an old telephone exchange might even be some electrical substation
Looking on Google Maps, it looks very much like the disused electrical substation - also in Essex - which someone I knew decades ago rented. The renter offered, what shall I say, 'personal services'.

But don't 'personal services' require a door to get in?

Edit: Maybe a disused substation and a walled up door 💡

But don't 'personal services' require a door to get in?

Edit: Maybe a disused substation and a walled up door 💡
They do, and the door to the substation was a 'very industrial-looking one'; presumably the same one that had been used by maintenance men. Of course, there was no problem with the electricity supply.

Latest posts

Back