Hi. I'm so new to this. Help!

Help Support Derelict Places:

olgus27

Reaction score
Hi,
I've always been fascinated by abandoned places and have seen a lot of pictures. There is just one major question on my mind? How do you not get caught? Is there a law about going in those kind of buildings etc?.
I've just started a professional health course and I know that I can not have any criminal records so I wanna be very careful. Any advise, tips and your personal experience is welcome. Thanks.

night crawler

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome along I suggest you have a read through a few of the other threads on the subject a couple of other people have asked the same.
[ame]http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/showthread.php?t=21047[/ame]

urban phantom

Veteran Member
Reaction score
hello and welcome to DP if your worried about getting cought just be selcetive about were you explore some locations are more risky than others

PaulPowers

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I've always been fascinated by abandoned places and have seen a lot of pictures. There is just one major question on my mind? How do you not get caught? Is there a law about going in those kind of buildings etc?.
I've just started a professional health course and I know that I can not have any criminal records so I wanna be very careful. Any advise, tips and your personal experience is welcome. Thanks.

the answer is simple, go with a group and shin kick someone as you start to run off, you don't need to be the fastest runner just don't be the slowest

krela

Administrator
Reaction score
the answer is simple, go with a group and shin kick someone as you start to run off, you don't need to be the fastest runner just don't be the slowest

I'm not going anywhere with you then... ;)

Then again you can only run so fast in waders. :D

krela

Administrator
Reaction score
To get back on track welcome Olgus, the thread that night crawler posted should answer your questions. It's HIGHLY unlikely that you will come across any real trouble with the law. I can only think of 1 time it's happened in 10 years.

godzilla73

Veteran Member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome - don't worry, most of the people on here have very respectable jobs (obviously, not me as I am a senior leader in a secondary school :mrgreen:) and are concerned with not having a criminal record - but as the boss man says, its really very unlikely that you will see much trouble from the law. Just dive on in and enjoy!
Godzy

TeeJF

Reaction score
Hello newbie. Yeah it gets a bit overwhelming until you find your feet then you wonder why you were ever worried. And trouble is rare BUT... I don't like trouble so we approach most explores like a secret squirrel op and avoid meeting anyone irrespective of whether they should be there or not.

Where are you based? If you are anywhere near Lancashire join us on an explore and see how it goes.

Priority 7

Veteran Member
Reaction score
To get back on track welcome Olgus, the thread that night crawler posted should answer your questions. It's HIGHLY unlikely that you will come across any real trouble with the law. I can only think of 1 time it's happened in 10 years.

Were you in your high heels at the time :)

UrbanX

Moderate Moderator
Reaction score
Just start with you local ruin / haunted house!
At worst a dog walker might ask you what you're doing.
It amazes me people still fear getting caught more than falling through a floor / off a roof!

Latest posts