Hi!

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_rubber_johnny

Reaction score
16, From Sheffield, and Totally Addicted To Drains!

I shall post threads on here whenever I can, so look out!

Dont ask for locations, I dont give them out for free, however I might trade, drains only!

Welcome, you caused made me look twice with your name, It's one I have heard in years. Look forward to seeing your Drains but you will always get some one asking where it is, seems they do not know the etiquette

When I was in the army and stationed in Aden, along with three other soldiers I had two weeks' leave in Kenya. We stayed with an ex-patriate widow whom we met after a 150 mile journey in a Peugeot 403 taxi from Nairobi to her homestead within sight of Mount Kenya. We introduced ourselves, another of the four saying, "Hullo , I'm Johnny Xxx". Quite innocently, the aged widow replied, "Oh, you don't look like a Johnny to me". We all kept straight faces.

As for what we called contraceptives, it was usually FLs - french letters. The only time we saw the word 'condom' might have been on a packet of them, or on the boxes of 100 that were issued to married personnel. Unlike the usual oiled Durex FLs, the 'Contraceptives, Married Personnel for the use of, 100' came in a cardboard box and were coated in a chalky powder to stop them sticking together. Very sexy, very romantic. A staff-sergeant in my unit once asked me to collect his issue on his behalf.

Soldiers also slipped one over the muzzle of a rifle barrel to keep the bore free of sand, mud, etc - mainly in amphibious landings, but instantly ready for firing.

Welcome Johnny, I think I've seen you appearing in Martin Zero's videos.

My faither used to call them French letters. I remember him saying the barbers used to ask if you wanted some "French letters" after your hair cut back in the old days.

When I was in the army and stationed in Aden, along with three other soldiers I had two weeks' leave in Kenya. We stayed with an ex-patriate widow whom we met after a 150 mile journey in a Peugeot 403 taxi from Nairobi to her homestead within sight of Mount Kenya. We introduced ourselves, another of the four saying, "Hullo , I'm Johnny Xxx". Quite innocently, the aged widow replied, "Oh, you don't look like a Johnny to me". We all kept straight faces.

As for what we called contraceptives, it was usually FLs - french letters. The only time we saw the word 'condom' might have been on a packet of them, or on the boxes of 100 that were issued to married personnel. Unlike the usual oiled Durex FLs, the 'Contraceptives, Married Personnel for the use of, 100' came in a cardboard box and were coated in a chalky powder to stop them sticking together. Very sexy, very romantic. A staff-sergeant in my unit once asked me to collect his issue on his behalf.

Soldiers also slipped one over the muzzle of a rifle barrel to keep the bore free of sand, mud, etc - mainly in amphibious landings, but instantly ready for firing.
My father who served in the 42nd Battalion Black Watch and when he returned from thr Korean War via Japan he went out at night some of the women called the Squaddies "Johnny". And I do remember my father told me that he had a "rubber" on the end of his barrel of his Bren gun.

Welcome Johnny, I think I've seen you appearing in Martin Zero's videos.

My faither used to call them French letters. I remember him saying the barbers used to ask if you wanted some "French letters" after your hair cut back in the old days.
"Anything for the weekend, Sir?"

My father who served in the 42nd Battalion Black Watch and when he returned from thr Korean War via Japan he went out at night some of the women called the Squaddies "Johnny". And I do remember my father told me that he had a "rubber" on the end of his barrel of his Bren gun.
In the Crescent at Aden's Steamer Point - where the duty free shops were - any European
was called "John" by the shopkeepers: "Hey, John! Want a cheap watch?"

Latest posts

Back