Leeds Masticator

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phill.d

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
The leeds Masticator
This is a series of culverts, there are 3 main tunnels with lots of bridges and smaller undergromd culverts. The beck changes it's name as it heads down stream. Firstly it's the Meanwood beck,Sheepscar beck then Ladywell beck and lastly Timble beck under the longest section under the city of Leeds.

A couple of hours down a few tunnels turned into a major 9 hour explore emerging in the early hours.. If you don't like Rats avoid this place its teaming with them.. Lots of blockages, deep water and obstacles.
here' a few of the pics we got on Tuesday night.
dfggfgfgf.jpg

The open air section of the culvert
ghghjh.jpg

ghhghghg-1.jpg

gfgfgf-1.jpg

gffdgfggfgf.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv.jpg

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.png

vvvvvv-1.jpg

xvcvvvcx.jpg

hhhh.png

ytytyt-1.jpg

fffff.jpg

rewrewrewr.jpg

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq.jpg

cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc.jpg

At the end of the 2 mile culvert we reach the river Aire in Leeds city center for this magnificent view of Leeds bridge and the dam

ffffffffff.png

There's a load of these pics on my flickr set here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/sets/72157600301066200/detail/

Last edited:
This looks great, I'm still a drain virgin but have my waders ready and await an explore :mrgreen:

Nice looking culvert, very simalar to culverts in birmingham. Are there many drains / culverts on offer in leeds?

This looks great, I'm still a drain virgin but have my waders ready and await an explore :mrgreen:
Ha :mrgreen: Nice one Tim.. We were quite posh with this one as it's not a drain as in shitty! It's more of a fresh water culvert but conditions are pretty stinking bad in the tunnels still :icon_evil

Nice looking culvert, very simalar to culverts in birmingham. Are there many drains / culverts on offer in leeds?
Yes there's 2 like this.. I've yet to do the Holbeck water lane one yet. Come to think of it i've not seen any stuff from down there yet. This is a big one with lots to see. All the sections are different!

If anyone fancys taking my drain cherry just giz a shout as its here for the taking, Leeds is only 1 1/2 hours away ;)

Hmmmm really nice, havent done a good drain in ages.

Foxy when you come up there is the 3 mile drain by me, that you might be able to do.

S

Great photo's, love the lighting. Did a storm drain in Telford this time last year, was my very first explore! ;)

Some very colourful stuff going on in lots of those pics :) Your third pic is fantastically cool, the sections with the central channel and side walkways are awesome.

I really love walking hidden waterways, you see such cool stuff tucked away between buildings, get another view of the development of the city, discover unexpected things underground and generally feel great to step outside the confines of accepted city boundries. I can see you had a lotta fun! :)

JD

Last edited:
Some very colourful stuff going on in lots of those pics :) Your third pic is fantastically cool, the sections with the central channel and side walkways are awesome.

I really love walking hidden waterways, you see such cool stuff tucked away between buildings, get another view of the development of the city, discover unexpected things underground and generally feel great to step outside the confines of accepted city boundries. I can see you had a lotta fun! :)

JD
Thanks jon.. Have you had a go with this one yet? You sound clued up about all the hidden parts the of city you see in the outside bit! I'm sure your photography skills would do justice to this one mate :mrgreen:

If anyone fancys taking my drain cherry just giz a shout as its here for the taking, Leeds is only 1 1/2 hours away ;)

Wouldn't mind seeing the underneith as well, great photo's couldn't of done better my self ;)

Latest posts

Back