Linford Park Nursing Home April 2016

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just to let ppl know I'm on my way bk from linford park I got a shock to find the place has been destroyed graffiti all over the place the residents belongings smashed up and cleaning chemicals poured everywhere. after driving 5 hours we were disgusted by people's utter cheek and no regard to the place. they also put on the walls they were "urBen exploring " it gives us all a bad name the food poured everywhere and electricity and fire alarms ripped apart. so heads up don't go unless you want to see a utter trashed care home also the mini bus had been smashed and attempted to be stolen as well as the windows have Been put through . it was upsetting seeing people's belongings just raided and have no respect destroying letters and clothes. no electricity as they ripped all the copper and just sickening excuse of vile cretins that are call human. faith in the human race has utterly been let down.

Sadly it was a question of time before this happened..we went 2 weekends on tne trot and in that short time the site was noticably deteriorating..Even people bold as brass driving into the site..

Very sad, I went one rainy day a couple of months ago it was an awesome site I loved it. Scumbags who have done this

Great photos. I grew up 10 minutes away from Linford and spent many a day exploring this huge building with school friends. It was built as a sanitorium (in the 1940's I believe) but I am not sure it was ever used initially, as prevention and treatment for TB improved (I have never managed to confirm whether it was actually used for it's intended used or not). None of the walls or ceilings were plastered so it may well have not been finished. The original sanitorium is to the right of the nursing home and is now a block of flats. Back in 70's and 80's the whole site was overgrown and suffering from 30/40 years of neglect and the attentions of successive generations of bored youngsters (mine included)! I have 2 strong memories of the place - the first is seeing the building after walking through the trees to the front right (the best way in without being seen); the trees were so thick that you couldn't see the building until you were about 50 yards from it and then suddenly this huge imposing building looms out of nowhere - it always sent my heart racing. Secondly, a group of a dozen of us did nearly got caught once by a guy that used to live in a mobile home in the paddock to the right of the access road. He came up through the fields with a 12 bore, spotted us and started chasing us when we decided to run away - and boy did we run! He never did catch us but we gave the place a wide berth for a few months. It was however an amazing place to photograph. I went back a few times in the 80's and have some colour and black & white photos which I will post when I have a chance.

-----please read-----

--PLEASE READ--
I went to this location on 23-7-16 and there were guard dog teams situated on either side of the building, and said to have been there for 3 weeks because teenagers had been messing the place up far too much. All the equipment is now gone and apparently all that really remains is the minivan, but the very kind guard woman assured me that the guard dog would not appreciate that, so I respectfully stayed back. The road entrance also has concrete slabs blocking for cars apart from a shiny red metal gate. The guard even said that the place will turn into a mental hospital (current plans) although I'm not sure that's what she meant by the drug rehabilitation centre. So if anyone is interested in visiting his place just pass, it's guarded and contains nothing of interest in the inside any more (apparently)

Doesn't surprise me, it was getting messed up so badly earlier this year I hate to think what it looks like now.

Brilliant set of photos. Thank you for sharing :)
The residents and their families looked so happy and full of joy in the frames, its such a shame that they had to be moved away from familiarity. I hope the building and grounds can be put back to some good use.

Went here yesterday and as much as I hate to disagree it actually does still have a fair bit inside and I'd say not a bad explore. Lots of personal effects and some of the rooms still fully in tact- especially the kitchens.

However it is pretty well secure and there is indeed a guard with a German Shepherd patrolling so not for the faint hearted. Work has started and new fences are going up, a site office has been erected and skips have arrived. Not long left if anyone wants a nosy.

Wow, I enjoyed the read and feeling the experience of the building in the pictures.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This location is now owned by my company. Please do not trespass. It is a building site and full of hazards. There is security for a reason. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back