Looking for someone to go exploring asap (Bristol)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

Recently moved to Bristol and I'm keen to make connections and get out exploring. I prefer the more challenging of sites that involve active secuirty/live infiltration as more fun :)

Looking to get out asap so please let me know below if you would like to hook up to check some sites out? I'm allways up for a mission!

Hope I get a better response here to the usual "get some reports up first and we might let you join our little crew" bullshit principle that certain idiots regard, i'm no idiot nor liability I just appreciate company as its less risky than going solo

Sadly getting some reports up first gives people a taste of what you can do and shows you can be trusted

Personally I wont explore with someone who hasn't posted a few reports

Hope I get a better response here to the usual "get some reports up first and we might let you join our little crew" bullshit principle that certain idiots regard

You're new on a website that deals with recreational trespass in a lot of cases, you could be anyone... A site owner, security contractor, member of the Police etc etc. By proving that you are serious about the hobby shows you're not one of the above, and makes you trustworthy enough for others to meet up with So well done on calling people idiots from the off, but welcome either way.

Have to agree with Paulpowers here, but once you've got a couple up, I'm based in Bristol so am around :)

I appreciate the concern but lets be honest why would any of the above be bothered enough to try and ruse a few explorers into meeting up?

As you're obviously aware "Recreational tresspass" is not a crime so there wouldnt be any consequences if I was trying to trick anyone anyway. This pointless paranoia is a frustrating obstruction as its stopping me from getting into the community and making plans with fellow explorers, i'm not willing to compromise my safety by climbing up cranes on my own just to prove my credibility

I'd have a better understanding if people said, sorry I fear you could be a pikey who's going to steal my camera rather than nonsense about the potential for me to be police

Surely people can see where i'm comming from?

I'm with Paul here. I travel around and I have been in Bristol a few times... always solo. With the right planning, all risks can be removed...almost.

You're hardly presenting an encouraging and friendly appearance for people to want to get to know...

I'm sorry for the way it comes across and after reading your responses it seems i'm going to have the bite the biscuit and get on with it solo (unless someone else wants to link up!)

If someone could just try and justify the paranoia in response to the points I raised above i'd really appreciate it but until then I can only see it as unnecessary hostility

Would you meet somebody you dont know from WWW.killers.com? No i didn't think so. For me, I dont know you, never seen a pic from you and so far you seem pushy to meet up which is an off putting thing for me. I've only done this since september last year but only judt arranging a meet with another member near me. Just give it some time and enjoy urbexing.

If someone could just try and justify the paranoia in response to the points I raised above i'd really appreciate it but until then I can only see it as unnecessary hostility

When you come onto a forum, even a friendly one, and start making demands and statements about people being idiots, then you're never going to get a very positive response. If anything the hostility came from you, everyone else has just been explaining their position.

If you had have left the last paragraph off the introduction I'm sure you would have got a good response. Now, who knows.

Fair play I appreciate its at everyones discretion but it really frustrates me that i've managed to meet strangers off the internet with ease for far less scrupulous activities than taking photographs (i'll say no more)

Not going to argue anymore, my next post will be a report

Mate, at the end of the day the regulars on the site are very happy with their lot. No one wants to be grotty but you do seem to be presenting a one way street. You only get out of this game what you put in and solo explores are the majority I think. Anyrate I am not saying anyone is paranoid but it is hard to trust someone who is named after a toilet manufacturer! :):lol::) Chill out, I shall look forwards to seeing your posts.

Fair play I appreciate its at everyones discretion but it really frustrates me that i've managed to meet strangers off the internet with ease for far less scrupulous activities than taking photographs (i'll say no more)

Errrr...right you are then. :neutral:

Not going to argue anymore, my next post will be a report

Oh thank christ

Joking aside welcome mate, but I mean come ooonnnnnn.............

Latest posts

Back