Macro Drain, Teh Ninja's Ball.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Z

Zero

Macro, Bradford. What an impressive mix of old and new, including several truly impressive pieces of British architecture and design. There is only one downside to all this. Being a culvert in the north, the floors once constructed with stone or brick have been ripped up during storms and heavy rainfall and now lay in a mess, an assault course to the unwary traveler. One that proved to much for me the first time around. Earning me the timely badge of "Teh Otter"

This time around we viewed more of the northern parts of macro, including a few sub sections and side branches known as "Academy" and "Pandora's Box".

The first target was to explore a unseen sewer which lay in the depths of Pandora's Box. The only problem was that Pandora is a mean bitch who tests the determination of all who seek to explore her, giving them a challenge in the form of a tiny box.

While the average noob explorer maybe put off. Those that day simply donned their mystic ninja gear and after chanting a protection spell or two, materialized through the portal arriving dry on the other side. Or... something along those lines.

_mg_5010.jpg

Gif by Dsankt
ottering.gif

_mg_5016.jpg

After regrouping we headed towards the main sewer, and after climbing a set of ladders we found ourself staring down a small drop into the channel. Now all we had to do was get down.

_mg_5018.jpg

The drop was roughly 4-5 meters, a bit to far to jump. Luckily since Mike and DDT had been before we had planned for this and brought a length of rope with us. The sewer itself was fairly uninteresting. A 15ft RCP heading in both directions. To the north the nastiest ladders in the world covered in all kinds of man-mud. At the top a small vortex with the water spiraling around the edge and down.

_mg_5028.jpg

Whilst walking back to the main chamber we found a little trapped frog trying to escape the sewer flow. Now i knew karma would kung fu kick my ass and make me do the otter dance if i left it there so i stuck it in a box to free later in the day.

Once out we said goodbye to DDT and Pandora the frog and after a brief subway snack we headed back under and on to the next stop, Academy. A newer section in comparison to the rest of macro. Constructed mainly of large concrete sections and bunker style staircases. With a little secret hidden at the top. A huge overflow chamber with 4 "U" bends which would bring flow down from the sewers above in the event of an overflow.

_mg_5082.jpg

_mg_5052.jpg

_mg_5075.jpg

We took a few pictures in Academy and its junction with macro before heading back topside. It had been a long day and food was defiantly next on the agenda so we set off for the maddest curry and planet sized naan bread.

Last edited:
Bloody hell dude, you never fail to impress. Awesome doesn't begin to describe it. Yet again I am left speechless by your escapades.

BTW, in pic 3, what are you guys wearing?

Last edited:
Binbags are the way forward!

n274706034_3390801_2526.jpg

Some bottle squeezing through there with nowt on, surely you could have at least wore a waterproof jacket through it?

Amazing feat and photos as always, Zero. Looks like a very interesting explore...you guys pulled off the impossible yet again! :mrgreen: Loved that gif and the fashion shot. :lol:

Bin Bag wearing adventurers explore Bradford's sewers!

Get your Otter on!

I still say there's probably a much easier access that doesn't involve getting naked and in truth you all just wanted to strip down to your smalls and make yourself clothes out of black shiny plastic. On that front, what exactly was the theory behind the plastic bags? Keep the grime off perhaps? I don't see the hardened northern boys rocking refuse sacks! Or were you just trying to maintain a degree of modesty?

JD

as I have said elsewhere this is nuts, and kinda gay lol. love it

I agree. Binbags are the way forward. Protect against water, vandal grease and all known diseases.

Latest posts

Back