MOD Airport Southwest 12/08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
theres two down that way thats pretty close. they probably swap stuff between the two all the time.

Swap dead airframes about?????? :confused:

I don't think so. Why would they bother?

Nope, Krela is correct. Popped in for a visit meself a couple of years back when I was working down that way.

theres two down that way thats pretty close. they probably swap stuff between the two all the time.

There are two airfields, RNAS Culdrose to the north is very active and does not have old airframes, this one RNAS Predannack is the RLG for RNAS Culdrose and is part used as a training area for ground crew (firefighting and extracting people from crashes mostly) and is partly an AoONB and SSSI. The airframes there do change occasionally as some are sold for scrap and new ones come in, they haven't changed in a few years though.

As I said it really is no secret and the messing people around with guessing is a bit pointless really. I have no problem with people keeping location details to themselves, but actively putting people off the scent is petty, particularly for a site that is reasonably well known and is virtually public to access.

I'm sorry if this bursts anyones bubbles.

yer it still used for fire fighting stuff - the control tower and a few other building are left but not much - nice site thought

We kept the site address secret only because we wanted to go bck down there in the nxt week or so, and didnt want to avertise the fact too much for security reasons. It was never about playing silly buggers - or trying to get people to guess.

prob wouldnt have been to hard for security to guess thought lol

Latest posts

Back