New member here, Wales (but exploring for years)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jowdee32

Reaction score
Hey everyone from a little village in south wales, have been rural exploring for most of my life, hanging out in suburbs, empty houses, making tree dens etc.. Back in the day obviously lol.

I still like this kinda of stuff but big into my photography too. Mixing the 2 is a great way for an eye for detail and getting out exploring the world we live in.

Enough about me, how is everyone?

Attached is a teaser lol.. A tunnel blocked off in Stroma Park- Prague

Attachments

• IMG_20220810_172134.jpg
    IMG_20220810_172134.jpg
    7.8 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20220810_172211.jpg
    IMG_20220810_172211.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220810_172257.jpg
    IMG_20220810_172257.jpg
    8.6 MB · Views: 0
Hey there, welcome to the forum. Is it a water tunnel?

Hey there, welcome to the forum. Is it a water tunnel?
Once again, the elegance of the archway and the whole layout of the stonework should make today's 'architects' and 'planners' ashamed of the work they foist on the public. I imagine this was in a private estate when it was constructed, hence the careful design of the entrance. The inside does suggest an aqueduct of some sort, but leading the water from where to where? Apart from surface water running down the slope, there seems to be no other source to fill the tunnel. The gentle gradient down to the opening is a bit mystifying; it reminds me of rope haulages and barrelways to pub cellars. I cannot see the inside being for anything other than a waterway. What industrial works were there in the area? Was the water collected from the bottom of the slope, as if it were a well?

Back