Saying hello :)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oyster

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for having me aboard your forum. I googled a location I was near last week and it brought me here, that's how I found you.

I've long had an interest in places that have been overlooked and unloved and live in a city with a rapidly disappearing industrial heritage. I'm ex armed forces and now work in a profession that affords me legitimate access to a number of sites, I just have to be careful not to abuse it. My main interest is in ex military or coastal defence sites and have pored over google earth looking at potential adventures too. I'd love to find a disused air raid shelter or complex to explore but am all too aware of the dangers of irrespirable atmospheres, building collapse or entrapment.

If I can I'll try and report on something in the near future but be assured that I'll always respect confidentiality on here.

I look forward to reading about your adventures. :)

Oyster.

Welcome along to the forum Oyster!

I look forward to seeing your photographs and reading your reports! :)

Thanks guys, I have good equipment for documenting and access but will be sure to do the right thing by the places that i visit.

I'm off to check out photo posting here, there'll be an FAQ or something I'm sure.

Latest posts

Back